Brief Overview of Position:
A Public Safety Officer will be responsible for securing the building and equipment of the Arena and enforcing access throughout the building. Officer will maintain after events and throughout the overnight hours. Officer will be assigned to a variety of posts during the shift. Examples are guest screening using walk through metal detectors and/or handheld wands, posts securing access to restricted areas of the facility or securing parking facilities for the arena. Specific post assignments are subject to change from day to day. All officers must be able to work any position as needed. The Third Shift Officer will work during the hours of 9:30pm to 6:00am.
Areas of Responsibility:
- Patrol premises and circulate among visitors, patrons and employees to preserve order and protect property
- Monitor and authorize entrance and departure of visitors and employees
- Perform security related functions
- Respond to calls and incidents at the facility
- Verbally answer questions from staff and the public
- Perform other duties as assigned by Public Safety Management
- 18 Years Old
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Friendly, outgoing personality with a desire to serve the company and public
- Available to work a variety of shifts, including evenings, weekends and some holidays
- Customer service experience
- Ability to speak and communicate clearly with others. Strong interpersonal skills
- Basic computer skills
- Must possess valid driver’s license and have reliable transportation
- Previous security experience an asset
- Applicants must pass a background check
- Must have or be able to obtain TN Private Protective Services Unarmed Security Guard license
- Physical requirements include sitting, walking, standing, bending, squatting, climbing stairs, kneeling, twisting, lifting, grasping, etc.
- Must be able to stand or walk for long periods of time and climb stairs
- Must be willing to work in extreme and adverse conditions when assigned
- Lifting requirements – must be able to lift a minimum of 50 lbs.
- Must be able to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays
Pay Rate: $15/hr base pay + $3.25/hr overnight differential when working 3rd shift
Equal Opportunity Employer: Nashville Predators is an equal opportunity employer. The organization does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, or disability status, genetic information, or any other applicable federal or state protected classification. The organization celebrates diversity and is committed to an inclusive environment for all employees.
In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by the Americans with Disabilities Act, as amended, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact Margie Horwitz at [email protected] to request an accommodation.
Note: Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Employee will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instruction or assignments.