Brief Overview of Position:
A Part Time Public Safety Facility Officer will be responsible for securing the building and equipment of the Arena and enforcing access throughout the building. The Officer will maintain order before, during and after events. The Officer can be assigned a number of roles during the day. Examples include: posts securing access to restricted areas of the facility or securing parking facilities for events, command and dispatch, touring the building, locking and unlocking doors, etc. Specific post assignments are subject to change from day to day. All officers must be able to work any position as needed.
Areas of Responsibility/Job Duties:
- Patrol premises and circulate among visitors, patrons and employees to preserve order and protect property.
- Monitor and authorize entrance and departure of visitors.
- Prepare badges for employees and ensure proper access to authorized areas of the Arena.
- Operate detecting devises to screen individuals and prevent passage of prohibited articles into Arena or restricted areas.
- Escort individuals to specified locations and provide personal protection.
- Use walkie-talkies and cell phones to stay in contact with security personnel.
- Inspect and adjust security systems, equipment and machinery to ensure operational use and to detect evidence tampering.
- Write clear and concise reports of daily activities and irregularities, such as equipment or property damage, theft, presence of unauthorized persons or unusual occurrences, incidents or medical emergencies.
- Call police or fire department in case of emergency.
- Provide friendly customer service.
- Be alert during duty period and perform security related functions.
- Respond to calls and incidents at Arena.
- Correctly interpret and follow written technical instructions.
- Fully understand, operate independently, successfully perform, and/or deemed qualified by a supervisor or manager for the following roles/positions:
- Command Center Dispatch (Gamedays)
- Base Operator (Non-Gamedays)
- Report Writer
- Loading Dock Attendant
- 18 Years Old.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Good judgment.
- Ability to interact with the public.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality in all matters pertaining to security/personnel.
- Strong problem solving, interpersonal, conflict resolution and communication skills.
- Friendly, outgoing personality with a desire to serve the company and public.
- Available to work a variety of shifts, including evenings, weekends and some holidays.
- Experience working with the public this includes customer service experience.
- Maintain a positive demeanor at all times.
- Excellent Communication skills.
- Basic computer skills.
- Must possess valid driver’s license and have reliable transportation.
- Must have or be able to obtain TN Private Protective Services Unarmed Security Guard license.
- As a condition of employment, qualified applicant will be subject to an extensive and thorough background investigation, including a criminal history check, previous employment verification, driving record check, and character references.
Physical Requirements and Work Conditions:
- Physical activities require considerable use of arms and legs and moving whole body, including sitting, walking, standing, bending, squatting, climbing stairs, kneeling, twisting, lifting, grasping, balancing and handling of materials.
- Ability to see details at a close range (within a few feet of the observer) and at a distance.
- Ability to detect or tell the differences between sounds that vary in pitch and loudness and to focus on a single source of sound in the presence of distracting sounds.
- Ability to speak and communicate clearly with others.
- Must be able to stand or walk for long periods of time and climb stairs.
- Must be willing to work in adverse conditions in outside positions when assigned.
- Lifting requirements – must be able to lift a minimum of 50 lbs.
- Ability to wear face mask and/or Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for long periods of time.
Pay Rate: $15-19/h
The Nashville Predators and our entities is an equal opportunity employer. The organization does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, or disability status, genetic information, or any other applicable federal or state protected classification. The organization celebrates diversity and is committed to an inclusive environment for all employees.
To ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by the Americans with Disabilities Act, as amended, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may email [email protected].