Brief Overview of Position:
Public Safety Officers will be responsible for securing the building and equipment of the arena and enforcing access throughout the building. They will maintain order before, during, and after events. Public Safety Officers will be assigned to a variety of posts during an event. Examples are guest screening using walk through metal detectors and/or handheld wands, posts securing access to restricted areas of the facility or securing parking facilities for events. Positions may require standing or walking for long periods of time. Specific post assignments are subject to change from event to event. All officers must be able to work any position as needed.
Areas of Responsibility:
- Provide friendly customer service.
- Perform security related functions, including patrolling arena premises, monitoring cameras in the security base, and responding to and documenting incidents.
- Respond to calls and incidents at the facility.
- Verbally answer questions from staff and the public.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Public Safety Management.
- 18 Years Old.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Friendly, outgoing personality with a desire to serve the company and public.
- Available to work a variety of shifts, including evenings, weekends and some holidays.
- Customer service experience.
- Ability to speak and communicate clearly with others. Strong interpersonal skills.
- Basic computer skills.
- Ability to read and write clearly and legibly in order to draft clear, thorough incident reports.
- Must possess valid driver’s license and have reliable transportation.
- Previous security experience an asset.
- Applicants must pass a background check.
- Must have or be able to obtain TN Private Protective Services Unarmed Security Guard license.
Pay rate: $15-18/hour
Essential Physical Functions:
- Physical requirements include sitting, walking, standing, bending, squatting, climbing stairs, kneeling, twisting, lifting, grasping, etc.
- Must be able to stand or walk for long periods of time and climb stairs.
- Must be willing to work in adverse conditions in outside positions when assigned.
- Lifting requirements – must be able to lift a minimum of 50 lbs.
The Nashville Predators is an equal opportunity employer. The organization does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, or disability status, genetic information, or any other applicable federal or state protected classification. The organization celebrates diversity and is committed to an inclusive environment for all employees.
In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by the Americans with Disabilities Act, as amended, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact Savannah Fortenberry ([email protected]
) to request an accommodation.