In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen.
Title: Fan Development Specialist
Department: Amateur Hockey & Fan Development
Job Reports To: Senior Manager, Diversity Hockey
Status: Full-time, Nonexempt
The candidate will be responsible for bringing the game of hockey to new potential fans and players with a heavy influence on female-focused and other Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion organizational initiatives. The position will be responsible for enhancing our brand presence, fan engagement and fostering relationships within the fan community.
The Fan Development specialist will travel to various neighborhoods throughout Nashville, Clarksville, and the surrounding areas, including various youth hockey programs, adult tournaments, camps, clinics, schools, birthday parties, music festivals, tailgates, local universities, community events, and all home games for the Nashville Predators. The Fan Development Specialist will set up a street hockey game zone, goalie challenge, stick handling race, hardest slap shot competition, and video game area.
- Four-year (4) bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- Knowledge of the game of hockey
- Well-organized, detail-oriented, and strong communication skills
Maintain an active event calendar and files
- Report on quarterly engagement metrics, geographic engagement tactics and market presence
- Possess excellent speaking and listening skills
- Possess strong interpersonal skills and an ability to interact effectively and in a professional, diplomatic, and mature manner with future hockey fans of all ages
- Lead and motivate a team of potential fans during street hockey games
- Demonstrate high level of initiative, inner drive, and attention to detail
- Must have excellent problem-solving and presentation skills
- Must be able to meet tight deadlines and work effectively in a high-pressure environment
- Must be able to work evenings, weekends, and holidays as required
- Possess ability to work unsupervised and to function both independently and as a team member
Demonstrate a suitable driving history and be insurable by the Mid-Ice insurance carrier
- As a condition of employment, qualified applicant will be subject to a background check, including criminal history, character references, previous employment verification and driving history
Essential Physical Functions:
- Must be able to lift one hundred eighty (180) pounds
- Must be able to drive pick-up truck with 26-foot trailer attached
Other physical activities include sitting, walking, standing, bending, squatting, climbing stairs, kneeling, twisting, lifting, grasping, balancing and handling of materials, and working with arms raised for prolonged periods.
Exposure to bright lights, extreme temperatures, and loud noise.
Including, but not limited to office equipment, 26ft trailer, hockey equipment, EA Sports equipment.
Nashville Predators is an equal opportunity employer. The organization does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, or disability status, genetic information, or any other applicable federal or state protected classification. The organization celebrates diversity and is committed to an inclusive environment for all employees.
In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by the Americans with Disabilities Act, as amended, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact Margie Horwitz at [email protected] to request an accommodation.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.