Job Title: Scoreboard Operator
Department: Ford Ice Center
Status: Non - Exempt (Part time)
Job Reports To: Hockey Operations Coordinator
As a member of the Event Staff Team, you will work closely with the teams, coaches, officials, Game Day Supervisors, and athletics staff to manage game day operations at in-rink Ford Ice Center events. You will also interact professionally with the general public who attend Ford Ice Center’s events.
- Verify rosters of each team prior to game start (obtain necessary signatures on scoresheet as applicable).
- Meet with officials prior to start of game to ensure they are aware of any special rules.
- Operate scoreboard during game and ensure games stay on time.
- Assist in tracking goals/assists on scoresheet and/or enter into stats software.
- Notify via radio 5 and 3 minute warnings for on & off ice officials before warm-ups and all periods.
- Help rink staff move nets to stay on time after game during ice cuts.
- Deliver scoresheets, on-ice official’s paperwork, and shot sheets to both coaches, captains and rink staff post-game.
- Strong desire to work in sports and events.
- Knowledge of hockey and rules.
- Ability to work in a team setting.
- Experience working in game day operations and event planning as well as customer service and promotions.
- As a condition of employment, qualified applicant will be subject to a background check, including a criminal history check, driving history and character references.
Essential Physical Functions:
- Ability to lift or carry (50) lbs.
- Ability to work nights, weekends and holidays.
- Exposure to bright lights, extreme temperatures and loud noise.
- Excellent speaking and listening skills, requiring the perception of speech.
- Must be able to move or push nets.
- Wearing face mask and/or Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for long periods of time.
- Including, but not limited to office equipment, barcoding scanner system, industrial equipment, hockey equipment, ice resurfacing equipment and scoreboard equipment.
Note: Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Employee will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instruction or assignments.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.