In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen.
Job Title: Part-Time Team Member, Guest Services
Department: Guest Services
Job Reports to: Manager, Guest Services
At Bridgestone Arena, our ONE GOAL is to be the number one sports and entertainment venue in the United States with the centerpiece being a Stanley Cup Playoff Champion Nashville Predators team. We will do this by providing Gold Standard Service to our guests through creating memorable experiences. To achieve this, we believe we must treat our Team Members the way we treat our guests. We will focus on teamwork, enthusiasm, respect, empowerment, safety and community.
Team Members will be an essential part of the event experience in premium areas during events and games and will help build memories to last a lifetime. They will exude the facility’s Gold Standard of Service to provide a safe, clean, comfortable, professional environment for guests and staff alike while building lasting memories for all.
- Provide quality guest service and assistance to clients, guests and other Team Members.
- Inspect assigned work area prior to and during event, looking for safety hazards, facility issues, housekeeping needs and immediately report any found issues to Team Member, Supervisor.
- Welcome our guests with a smile and helpful attitude as they enter the building or assigned areas.
- Work ID checkpoints, access-only areas and seating sections as assigned.
- Monitor assigned area for issues and identify opportunities to make lasting memories for our guests.
- Remain attentive to the needs and professionally responsive to the demeanor of all guests providing proactive assistance to all with the highest level of customer service.
- Identify, receive and quickly act upon requests or complaints from guests; refer serious problems to Team Member, Supervisor, Premium Manager on Duty or Public Safety Department, as appropriate.
- Detect unauthorized persons and violators of Arena (or other facility) policies and report and handle appropriately.
- Retain an extensive knowledge of Arena (or other facility as needed), seating sections, key venue personnel identity, policies and emergency activity procedures.
- Work cooperatively with all Team Members across the facility.
- Attend Gold Standard Service training, as requested.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities, as assigned.
- 18 years or older
- High School diploma or GED
- Be a team player with the ability to handle multiple assignments in a fast-paced environment.
- Enjoy interacting with people and building new relationships.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and to self-motivate.
- Demonstrated flexibility and creative problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including nights, weekends and holidays, including working all Nashville Predators home games and 70% of other Bridgestone Arena events (home hockey games plus an average of 4 additional events each month).
- Prior customer service experience preferred.
- Ability to maintain a neat, clean and professional appearance.
- Excellent verbal communication skills with a friendly and professional manner.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to react appropriately in emergency and high stress situations.
- Ability to anticipate, identify and solve problems.
- As a condition of employment, qualified applicant will be subject to a background investigation, including a criminal history check, previous employment verification and character references.
Essential Physical Functions:
- Required to work long hours on event days.
- Ability to clearly communicate with guests and Team Members.
- Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to see and respond to unsafe situations and to enforce policies.
- Ability to stand in an upright position for continuous periods of time.
- Excellent speaking and listening skills, requiring the perception of speech.
- Ability to work in extreme temperatures, including in and around an ice rink.
- Walking, bending, carrying of light items.
- Ability to wear face mask and/or Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for long periods of time.
- Must have a basic knowledge of technology, including radios and hand-held devices.
- Ability to use other equipment including, but not limited to, ticket scanners, security wands, x-ray machines.
- Competitive Pay
- Referral Bonuses
- 401K Eligibility
- Priority Access to Event Presales
- Nashville Locker Room (pro shop) Discount
- Ford Ice Center Benefits (Discounted Programming)
- On Demand Pay
- Discounts with Corporate Partners
The Nashville Predators is an equal opportunity employer. The organization does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, or disability status, genetic information, or any other applicable federal or state protected classification. The organization celebrates diversity and is committed to an inclusive environment for all employees.
In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by the Americans with Disabilities Act, as amended, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact Savannah Fortenberry ([email protected]
) to request an accommodation.