Event Floor Coordinator - Xcel Energy Center (St. Paul · MN)
Our Event Management team is a group of project managers that are focused on designing events through collaboration with our clients and translating their event plans to our talented venue staff to bring them to life. We pride ourselves on quality work, strong relationships and smart decisions, while putting service at the core of everything we do. The Event Floor Coordinator plays a key role in supporting the work of the Event Management team by supervising events of all types in Saint Paul RiverCentre and Roy Wilkins Auditorium and supporting the department.
As our Event Floor Coordinator, YOU:
- Serve as primary client contact in absence of an Event Manager. Events aren’t typically 9 to 5 affairs and providing an extraordinary service experience for our clients and their guests is a top priority. The Event Floor Manager is responsible for executing the event plans that were created by a fellow Event Manager. You will be onsite to supervise the ins and outs of events in our venues and ensure our clients feel cared for. Every day provides a different set of challenges and excitement, with a wide range of events such as conferences, conventions, tradeshows, galas, sporting events, graduation ceremonies, dance competitions, and more. While we work for the Minnesota Wild, this position primarily focuses on events held in Saint Paul RiverCentre and Roy Wilkins Auditorium.
- Communicate event related needs to our internal operational departments. It takes a village to support the logistical and technical needs of our various events. As Event Floor Manager, you will communicate expectations to a variety of operational departments and provide onsite direction as events evolve, so our team members can provide the best service possible to our clients. Think room set ups, audio visual needs, internet, catering, guest services, parking, electrical, engineering…..and many more. People see you as a helpful, supportive resource and a critical part of our event management team.
- Solve problems as you see them. We are planners and are always thinking one step ahead to be prepared for the unexpected. We expect that you don’t wait for permission, you seek out problems or inefficiencies, and solve them before clients even know they’re there.
- Ensure we are ready. Our business is in motion around the clock. As the onsite venue manager in the evenings, we count on you to not only be thinking about the events in the now, but also be thinking ahead to the next event and ensuring our venues will be ready in the morning when the next group arrives. Your support of those “next day” events ensures that we have a running start at making the best, first impression.
- Create a seamless exhibitor experience. Exhibitors at tradeshows count on the venue to provide amenities such as electrical, internet, water and drain services. You will manage all aspects of exhibitor services, so that exhibitors can focus on showcasing their business and feel confident that we have them covered. You will be involved in managing the exhibitor services website, and assisting exhibitors in all aspects of ordering these services.
YOU ARE A:
- Visionary Communicator. Events are made up of hundreds of details, strung together to create an amazing experience. It takes the talents and expertise of many departments to create these experiences, and you see the big picture and know what it takes to make it all come together. Relationships are the key to getting it done, so comfortable connections, professionalism and warmth are a natural part of your communication style.
- Creative Problem Solver. Events rarely go as planned and our event management team is always at the ready to get logistics back on track when they start to go sideways. You have a natural curiosity about how things work, which leads you to want to prevent issues before they even arise. You understand the difference between fires and infernos and react accordingly, never letting anyone see you sweat along the way. You collaborate with others to help make the best decisions in the moment and know how to adjust when things don’t quite work out.
- Focused Executor. We believe creating memories doesn’t just happen, it takes hard work and dedication to your craft. Everything you do affects events, so attention to detail is a non-negotiable. Your work can be fast-paced and there are times when you might feel like you’re in the trenches, but that’s where the magic is at. With ruthless prioritization and teamwork, you focus on getting things done quickly and flawlessly. Of course, you’re not perfect, so when mistakes are made, you step up, take responsibility and issue meaningful apologies when you’re wrong.
- Servant Leader. In our business, everything we do is grounded in serving. You serve our organization, each other, our guests and our community. Your support of the department is critical to our success and your drive to help is unmatched. If there is a department tool to be managed, you are on top of it. If you see a co-worker in need, you are the first to lend a hand. You set others up for success and have fun doing it.
MINNESOTA SPORTS AND ENTERTAINMENT WILL:
- Listen to you. We need your thoughts, ideas and passion to help make this the best team in sports and entertainment. You talk, we’ll listen.
- Treat you like an adult. We will trust you to get the work done in a way that makes sense for you. We measure output and impact.
- Challenge you. We promise you'll be surrounded by people equally committed to the Minnesota Sports and Entertainment organization and to our Minnesota Wild. You won’t find more passionate people all focused on creating a Greater State of Hockey. Go Wild!
- Commit to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion. We drive social change and foster inclusivity by providing a safe, positive and welcoming environment for you, all community members and employees regardless of race, ethnicity, gender identity, background or experience.
THE FINE PRINT:
- In accordance with the ADA this role requires the stated physical duties. Should an accommodation be requested MSE will evaluate the request and provide reasonable accommodation under accordance of the ADA.
- Regular schedule is Tuesday - Saturday, approximately 2:00pm – 10:30pm, but can vary depending on event hours. Occasional holiday work.
- Ability to work on feet for multiple hours, be able to lift a minimum of 20 pounds and occasionally up to 50 pounds, and use a pallet jack.
- Physical requirements include sitting, walking, standing, bending, squatting, climbing stairs, kneeling, twisting, lifting, grasping, etc.
- Ability to manage the fast paced event industry and tolerate last minute change.
- Proficient in Microsoft office software.
Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.