In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen.
Our Marketing team creates value and experiences for the passionate fans that drive Minnesota Sports and Entertainment. That experience can come from attending a game live at Xcel Energy Center, watching on TV, listening on radio, following Wild on the web or social channels, or just catching a different Wild event. This takes all sorts of talented people that have a passion for sports and events. We have a vision of marketing that puts service at the heart of everything we do, both on and off the ice, and our Mascot Assistant plays a key role in bringing that vision to life.
As our Mascot Assistant, YOU WILL:
Assist in the coordination and execution of mascot event activations. This includes Minnesota Wild home games, Wild team-related events and private events. You will also act as the on-site liaison during mascot appearances.
Partner with the Nordy! Work in conjunction with Nordy to oversee a successful working partnership between the Wild and independent event organizations and customers.
Be Nordy’s voice. Conduct all person-to-person communication with fans and guests on behalf of the mascot during games and events.
Be a brand ambassador. The Mascot Assistant will potentially perform in-suit, assuming the role of the Wild mascot, for any events as assigned by the Mascot Coordinator.
YOU ARE A:
Cultural Centerpiece. Your interaction with our employees, fans and community is constant. Day or night, weekday or weekend, connections matter 24/7. People see you as a supportive resource and a critical part of our team and the Minnesota Wild’s culture and brand. You thrive on interactions within our community and promoting the sport of hockey. You present the best version of yourself and our brand, both on and off the ice.
Exceptional communicator. The heart of this job lies in great communication – in many forms. You understand the power of communication and have the skills and years of experience to back it up. You must be comfortable speaking in public with the ability to be spontaneous when interacting with a crowd. You approach all fans with a friendly attitude and are willing to initiate conversation with all guests.
Servant Leader. At the Minnesota Wild, everything we do is grounded in serving. You serve our organization, each other, our fans and our community. Timely, professional, and courteous are ingrained in your being. Leadership is not a rank, it’s an acknowledgement of responsibility knowing you are connected to our team-oriented organization and the fans we serve.
MINNESOTA WILD WILL:
Listen to you. We need your thoughts, ideas and passion to help make this the best team in sports and entertainment. You talk, we’ll listen.
Treat you like an adult. We will trust you to get the work done in a way that makes sense for you. We measure output and impact.
Support you. We promise you'll be surrounded by people equally committed to the Minnesota Sports and Entertainment organization and to our Minnesota Wild. You won’t find more passionate people all focused on creating a Greater State of Hockey. Go Wild!
Commit to Diversity Equity & Inclusion. We drive social change and foster inclusivity by providing a safe, positive and welcoming environment for you, all community members and employees regardless of race, ethnicity, gender identity, background or experience. BIPOC & LGBTQ+ encouraged to apply.
THE FINE PRINT:
- 1 year game presentation or performance experience in dance; performance or acting training is highly preferred and/or previous mascot experience in college or another professional capacity.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and be deemed insurable by the organization’s insurance provider.
- Due to costume restrictions, ideal height range is 5'9" to 6'1".
- Ability to ice skate is preferred.
- Available to work 50% of all Wild home games as well as other hours during the day, evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Ability to stand up to 5 hours at a time, ability to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, ability to push and pull objects up to 300lbs.
- In accordance with the ADA the physical requirements for this role include walking/standing for 8+ hours at a time, sitting, bending, squatting, climbing stairs, kneeling, twisting, lifting, grasping, etc.
- Should an accommodation be requested MSE will evaluate the request and provide reasonable accommodation under accordance of the ADA.
- Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.