Iowa Wild Retail Sales Associate (Part-Time) - Iowa Wild (Des Moines · IA)
Our Iowa Wild Retail team is made up of organized, creative, attention-to-detail minds who love to engage with our Iowa Wild fans and deck fans out in the latest gear. We are constantly brainstorming ideas behind the scenes in order to bring the best deals and newest team merchandise to our fans throughout the season. Our vision is to provide a top-notch customer service experience in the WildWear store to further the overall exceptional experience of Iowa Wild game days. We strive to be professional and accurate in transactions with customers yet fun and friendly. Our retail associate plays a key role in promoting our overall brand and merchandise.
As a WildWear Retail Associate, YOU WILL:
- Service our fans. Your interaction with our fans is constant, assisting them with questions, helping them get the right swag in our retail store and ensuring POS transactions are quick and accurate, so our fans don’t miss any action in the arena.
- Deliver exceptional experiences. You are a helper. You are someone who listens and anticipates our fan’s needs and desires. Through proactive and genuine communication, you will engage and delight prospective fans. We do what it takes to get the job done and more often than not, we do even more than what it takes. Fans see you as a welcoming and helpful resource and a critical part of our team and the Wild’s culture by providing a positive and fun environment for our Iowa Wild staff and fan base.
- Grow your industry experience. Our Iowa Wild team works together to focus on the success of our product and our team. We will work hard on teaching you and growing your industry experience, giving you the opportunities to show us what you’ve got. You’ll be able to assist in our store set up & tear down, helping organize and re-stock merchandise, and sharing your ideas to make us better & efficient.
YOU ARE A:
- Retail Professional. In this role we are looking for someone with retail experience. An understanding of the of the sports industry and our target fan market is a plus. Serving our fans and community is a priority at the Iowa Wild. A passion for people and fan interactions will help propel you in this role. Handling customer service interactions in a timely and appropriate manner that matches the Iowa Wild’s service standard. We strive to go above and beyond, exceeding all expectations and we thrive in an environment that requires us to step up and step out of our comfort zone for the sake of bringing joy to someone else’s life.
- Servant Leader. At the Wild, everything we do is grounded in serving. We serve our organization, each other, our fans and our community. Leadership is not a rank, it’s not about being in charge; it’s about taking care of those in our charge. We inspire those around us to dream more, learn more, do more and become more. Your high proclivity to smile and empathize drives you to proactively respond to guest’s needs.
- Trusted Teammate. Our team runs on relationships. Confidentiality, professionalism and discretion are at the heart of building strong bonds across all our guests. But, that’s not enough. People see you as reliable and responsible because you are there for your team when they need you and your actions speak for themselves. Passion drives the Iowa Wild - we are looking for someone equally committed to driving our merchandising brand and business.
THE IOWA WILD WILL:
- Listen To You. We need your thoughts, ideas, and passion to help make this the best team in sports and entertainment. You talk, we’ll listen.
- Treat You Like an Adult. We will trust you to get the work done in a way that makes sense for you. We measure output, impact, and accountability.
- Support You. We’ll look to you to help create a greater State of Hockey. We promise you'll be surrounded by supportive people equally committed to the organization. Go Wild!
- Commit to Diversity Equity & Inclusion. We strive to create a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace and seek to employ a workforce that is representative of our entire audience. Our goal is to make hockey available to all who wish to play.
THE FINE PRINT:
- Previous retail experience preferred.
- Ability and flexibility to work evenings, days , and holidays, and work 75% of all Iowa Wild home games and events is required.
- Physical requirements include sitting, walking, standing, bending, squatting, climbing stairs, kneeling, twisting, lifting, grasping, etc. and the ability to lift a minimum of 20 pounds.
- In accordance with the ADA, this role requires stated physical duties. Should an accommodation be requested, Minnesota Sports & Entertainment will evaluate the request and provide reasonable accommodation.
- Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.