Iowa Wild Inside Sales Representative (Part-Time) - Iowa Wild (Des Moines · IA)
Our Sales team invites our community to create amazing memories. We are an award-winning organization with experienced staff. We are well known in the field for our sales and marketing efforts and other teams come to us for advice! We have some of the best in the biz that you can learn and grow from.
The Inside Sales Representative (Part Time Seasonal) will be for ambitious, professional, self-motivated individuals. This team will be responsible for selling Season Ticket Memberships and Groups. You will be responsible for developing new customer relationships and growing relationships with existing fans. You will help handle inbound calls on our mainline from fans across the state of hockey and help with the day-to-day execution of activities and events including providing support and assisting in gameday needs.
As our Inside Sales Representative, YOU:
- Thrive to succeed. Our business is fueled by fans, and you are at the heart of all we do, whether you are selling season tickets or assisting in the retention our current fan base, you thrive on the hustle of success. You actively take inbound calls, follow up on referrals and network, to help us retain our Season Ticket Members. You’ll also actively research and prospect new sales leads for ticket packages, groups & suites. Therefore, this role is not for those who are intimidated to pick up the phone. You’ll seal the deal with new fans by presenting our offerings in person or virtually and with your growing knowledge of the sales industry, ticketing systems, and our products, you’ll be able to capitalize on the first-time consumers and growing hockey fans. If the concept of sales is new to you, trust in us, we have best in the biz to teach you how to succeed.
- Build and maintain lasting relationships. At the Wild, we strive to stand out amongst the competition, and our fan base recognizes that. Being an advocate for our organization, polite in your interactions, timely and professional will lead to YOUR success. You always know what is going on, can foresee ways to surprise and delight, because you know and listen to your customers. You’ll maintain regular touchpoints, such as meetings, lunches, or phone calls, to remain connected to your customers. and the community to meet their needs and share the game of hockey successfully.
- Be a cultural centerpiece. Your interaction with our employees, fans and community is constant. People see you as a supportive resource and a critical part of our team and the Wild’s culture and brand. You will interact with your team, our fans, during season ticket member and community events, assisting with set up and staffing. You’ll share our sales and benefit programs all while promoting the sport of hockey. You present the best version of yourself and our brand, both on and off the ice.
- Deliver exceptional experiences. You are a helper. You are someone who listens to and anticipates our fans’ needs and desires. You solve problems before anyone even knows they’re there with a solution that is greater than their expectations could ever be. Through proactive and genuine communication, you will engage and delight prospective fans. On game day, you’ll be there to further your connection with our fans, and to draw people to the sales kiosk by offering our products and services.
YOU ARE A(N):
- Professional Hustler. At the Wild, we strive to stand out amongst the competition. You are confident at cold-calling. You develop new client relationships and grow existing ones. By being an advocate for the organization, polite and persistent in your interactions, and professional in your process leads will lead to YOUR success. Your customer drives your actions and is at the center of everything you do. You always know what is going on because you consistently connect with our customers and community, always sharing the game of hockey.
- Continuous Learner. Your ears and mind are always open. You consistently want to get better and yearn for insight and knowledge, and soak in the experiences of those around you. You take calculated risks and aren’t afraid of making mistakes, because you know the value of learning from experiences. You are always looking for ways to grow and adapt and are ready to take on a new challenge.
- Day Maker. The days are long, the years are short, is how the saying goes and our work here is no exception. We do what it takes to get the job done and often, we do even more than what it takes. We strive to go above and beyond, exceeding all expectations and we thrive in an environment that requires us to step up and step out of our comfort zone for the sake of bringing joy to someone else’s life.
- Positive Executor. We believe big ideas reap even bigger rewards when managed effectively. Everything you do touches people, so flawless execution is non-negotiable. Your work can be fast-paced, and it can be easy to lose sight of the details, but that’s where the magic is at. With ruthless prioritization, you focus on getting things done in a positive manner, quickly and flawlessly. Of course, you’re not perfect, so when mistakes are made, you step up, take responsibility and issue meaningful apologies when you’re wrong.
- Servant Leader. At the Wild, everything we do is grounded in serving. You serve our organization, each other, our fans and our community. Leadership is not a rank, it’s not about being in charge; it’s about taking care of those in our charge. You inspire those around us to dream more, learn more, do more and become more.
THE IOWA WILD WILL:
- Listen To You. We need your thoughts, ideas, and passion to help make this the best team in sports and entertainment. You talk, we’ll listen.
- Treat You Like an Adult. We will trust you to get the work done in a way that makes sense for you. We measure output, impact, and accountability.
- Challenge You. We’ll look to you to help create a greater State of Hockey. We promise you'll be surrounded by supportive people equally committed to the organization. Go Wild!
- Commit to Diversity Equity & Inclusion. We strive to create a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace and seek to employ a workforce that is representative of our entire audience. Our goal is to make hockey available to all who wish to play.
THE FINE PRINT:
- This is a seasonal part-time position, and the ability to work a 30-hour work week is required. The role will start in the fall and go through a few weeks after the Wild hockey season ends.
- Ability and flexibility to work evenings, days , and holidays.
- In accordance with the ADA, this role requires stated physical duties. Should an accommodation be requested, Minnesota Sports & Entertainment will evaluate the request and provide reasonable accommodations.
- Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.