In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen.
For more than 20 years, AEG has played a pivotal role in transforming sports and live entertainment. Annually, we host more than 160 million guests, promote more than 10,000 shows and present more than 22,000 events around the world. We are committed to innovation, artistry, and community, and leverage the power of our 300+ venues, leading sports franchises, marquee music brands, integrated entertainment districts, premier ticketing platform and global sponsorship activations, to create memorable moments that give the world reason to cheer.
Our business is interwoven with the human mind and heart, and we strive to build a diverse and inclusive company that reflects the artists, athletes, and fans that we host; reach beyond traditional boundaries to support the communities in which we operate; and minimize our impact on the environment by adopting sustainable practices throughout our business operations.
If you want to be challenged to up your game and make a difference, then join us in giving the world reason to cheer!
The Associate BI Analyst with the Los Angeles Kings will work within the Business Intelligence department and will collaborate with the business operations teams to help drive strategy, improve revenue, and drive efficiencies by identifying patterns, predicting outcomes, and providing actionable insights for our organization.
This individual will be required to understand how to collect, store, manipulate, query, and utilize essential data for the purpose of analysis. Responsibilities include supporting the end-to-end BI delivery model; this will include requirements gathering, development, testing, prototyping data visualizations, deploying analytic solutions, automating processes, and enhancing existing reports and dashboards.
- Uncover business insights and create data visualizations (including charts, graphs, and tables) within PowerBI or other software to drive and facilitate strategic conversations within all business operations teams.
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends and patterns from complex data sets by using an array of technical/analytical tools such as R, Python, SQL, etc. in order to improve internal processes and discover new means of generating revenue.
- Collaborate with and provide instruction to database engineers to build data foundation, which is used to create analytic models, ensuring it is properly structured for statistical analysis.
- Apply statistical techniques to uncover innovative recommendations for business operations to integrate recommendations into strategic decision making (such as new ways to evaluate a more efficient system for acquiring sales leads, or predicting revenue outcomes or ticket sales)
- Run analytical experiments in a methodical manner, and regularly evaluate alternate models via theoretical approaches representing the likelihood of a range of outcomes.
- Interpret and communicate results and ideas to key decision makers including presenting ranges of outcomes in order to evaluate the feasibility of strategies/future decisions.
- Independently research and remain up to date with current technology trends; Implement new statistical or other mathematical methodologies as needed for specific models or analysis.
- Other projects as assigned
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to create relationships and work independently
- Structured, organized thinker, with a commitment to quality, who is proven to problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Proficiency and working knowledge of SQL and data warehousing
- Ability to interact with all levels of management and staff
- Ability to translate data findings into clear, concise summaries/presentations for both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Team player who enjoys working in a high achieving and innovative environment, with a commitment to be top of class
- Ability to code in any statistical software, like R and/or Python
- Familiarity with Microsoft Azure
- BA/BS Degree (4-year) (Advanced Degree Preferred)
- 0-2 years years of related work experience
- At least 1 years' experience in analyzing data
- Experience with working with sports business analytics, ticketing and/or transactional data is a plus
- Experience in professional sports is a plus
- Experience using ticketing systems such as Veritix a plus
Pay Scale: $28.85-$32.00
AEG reserves the right to change or modify the employee’s job description whether orally or in writing, at any time during the employment relationship. AEG may require an employee to perform duties outside his/her normal description.