Position: Senior Server Engineer
Department: Information Technology
Reporting To: Vice President, Technology
We are building a championship organization that serves our fans, community and business partners through world class sports and entertainment. We believe that Winning Matters, our Fans come first, with risk comes reward, great teams can achieve unimaginable results, honoring the Pacific Northwest is our duty and driving the business is our responsibility.
On December 4, 2018, the NHL granted the 32nd NHL franchise to Seattle Hockey Partners. Two years later, we revealed the Seattle Kraken brand to the world. As the newest addition to the Pacific Division in the Western Conference, the Kraken continues to prepare for its first puck drop in the 2021-2022 NHL season. In addition to the redevelopment of Climate Pledge Arena, Seattle Kraken are consecutively building their front office headquarters and training facility with three NHL regulation rinks at the Kraken Ice Centre at Northgate. This development represents not only further investment in making Seattle the epicenter of the Pacific Northwest but establishing a skating presence within the city for the first time in more than 40 years.
We are looking for a proactive, detail-oriented, solution-centric person with excellent communication skills and a desire to revolutionize how we use technology at the Seattle Kraken Training Center and to support the Seattle Kraken Franchise.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provides management, support, and architecture of the server datacenter environment at the Seattle Kraken Training Center for the team and staff.
- Develops a robust deployment, maintenance, disaster recovery plan for the installation of on-premise and cloud based server clusters.
- Manages and provides procurement recommendations of server computing hardware and related infrastructure.
- Collaborates with Seattle Kraken Hockey Ops and Video in relation to technological needs and systems.
- Develops and implement policies to support daily monitoring and programming needs via technology.
- Possess the ability to perform development work and scripting in multiple domains e.g. AWS, Azure, Active Directory, and various integration tools.
- Manages and monitors varied server systems and infrastructure e.g. IPTV servers, Digital Asset Management Systems, HRIS systems integration, IP security systems, etc.
- Maintain info-security, redundancy, and backup strategies for server environments and downstream systems.
- Manages a broad array of virtual servers including configuration, testing, installation, deployment, logging, upgrades, integrations, and troubleshooting.
- Provides support for Tier 2 and 3 level escalations.
- Works with IT and external vendors to ensure the highest level of systems and related infrastructure and applications uptime and availability.
- Develops customs scripts and procedures to improve systems performance and automation of tasks and notifications.
- Coordinates security monitoring for IP security systems.
- In collaboration with the VP of Technology and IT staff members, manages the configuration, installation, access, upgrades, conversions and troubleshooting of Office 365, Azure, AWS integrations, server clusters, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Experience & Qualifications:
- Background in computer science, engineering, related field, or work-related experience in the field.
- Solid scripting experience e.g. PowerShell, Python, Ruby, Perl.
- Solid networking knowledge and experience in cloud e.g. AWS, Azure, Google Cloud Platform.
- Understanding of digital asset management systems and related integrations.
- Solid understanding of cybersecurity in relation to server environments and data centers.
- 4-7 years of relevant IT experience.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced and ambiguous environment; handle multiple tasks with the ability to reprioritize and shift priorities quickly.
- Advanced understanding of Storage Area Network concepts (ISCSI, SAN, NAS). Experience with VMware, Hyper-V, VX Rail, virtual machines, etc.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with an expert ability to present and communicate new ideas and concepts.
- Extremely organized and detail oriented, resourceful, quick learner and able to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- A high degree of personal integrity and consistently put the interests of the organization first.
- Must be a fierce communicator and cross-organizational collaborator.
- Minimal Travel (<10% travel): May be required to travel. Trips may require air travel and/or overnight stay away from home for one or more nights.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule inclusive of weekends, nights and holidays required.
- This position may require the individual to have access to confidential records and information. To successfully perform this position, confidentiality of the information with which the individual has contact must be maintained.
- Frequent bending, lifting up to 50 pounds, sitting, exposure to multiple external elements, extensive walking through the building including inclines and stairs.
Seattle Hockey Partners, LLC and Seattle Arena Company, LLC are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate on basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or any protected category prohibited by local, state, or federal laws.