This position will manage phases of financial analysis, accounting, budgeting and business planning for the NHL's Events and Communications departments.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
This position will:
- Work with business groups to develop budget assumptions and track expenses on a real-time basis to ensure costs adhere to the approved budgeted amount(s).
- Manage, document and track the financial terms and obligations of relevant expense contracts.
- Reconcile key Event activities such as venue settlements and review all supporting documentation to ensure completeness.
- Review Operating files and check requests for validity and accuracy.
- Establish and manage relationships with both internal departments and external vendors.
- Analyze current process and identify opportunities to improve and maximize efficiency.
- Prepare and manage journal entries and related analysis as part of the monthly and year-end closes, including preparation of departmental P&L reports and variance explanations.
- Special projects/other miscellaneous and departmental related duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will have an Accounting or Finance degree from a four-year college or university and at least 6 years of work experience. They should have experience with business planning, forecasting and modeling. Experience with Canadian HST is a plus. Ideal candidate will have strong analytical, interpersonal and communication skills. Must be disciplined, organized and detail oriented with a commitment to accuracy in all tasks
Must have the ability to multi-task and handle inquiries from numerous constituents. Ability to take ownership of tasks and work with minimal supervision with a high level of confidence. Ideal candidate must be proficient in MS Excel (Pivot Tables, SumIf formulas, Vlookup, etc). Travel will be required in this position.
When applying, please be sure to include a cover letter with your salary expectations for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in this opportunity, however, only qualified candidate selected for an interview will be contacted. NO EMAILS OR PHONE CALLS PLEASE.