- Participates in the maintenance, repair, and cleaning of the facilities, grounds and equipment for operations at either Ford Ice Center.
- Participate in set-up and disassembly of hockey glass, dasher boards, party rooms, locker rooms and other event related equipment
- Preventative maintenance and repair of facility
- Perform pre/post event inspections and document with completed checklists
- Perform cleaning and maintenance on operations department equipment, keep work areas and equipment organized and functional
- Prepare ice for all practices, games and other ice events. Duties include: removing debris; checking ice depth; scraping, edging and resurfacing ice.
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Ability to read and write and to follow written and oral instructions and complete standardized checklist forms
- 2 years experience operating a zamboni preferred, but will train the right candidate
- As a condition of employment, qualified applicant will be subject to a background check, including driving history and character references.
- Possess a valid driver’s license, possess a suitable driving history and be insurable by our insurance carrier (without conditions).
Essential Physical Functions:
- Good physical condition and health, sufficient strength and stamina needed for heavy, awkward and repeated lifting of up to 75 pounds, capable of performing heavy manual labor for extended period
- Ability to work irregular hours including nights, weekends and holidays
- Ability to climb portable and fixed ladders, accessing remote areas of the facility, working with hand and power tools, communicating via portable radio, reading and comprehending blueprints and drawings
- Ability to work with and around water and ice and to work at or below freezing temperatures for extended periods of time
- Wearing face mask and/or Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for long periods of time.
- Ice re-surfacers, ice edgers, and all other ice maintenance equipment
- PC and other general office equipment
- Various power and hand tools
- Forklift, scissor lifts, boom lifts, motor vehicle (company truck), and other light duty machinery
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.