- Participates in the maintenance, repair, and cleaning of the facilities, grounds and equipment for operations at Ford Ice Center.
- Participate in set-up and disassembly of hockey glass, dasher boards, party rooms, locker rooms and other event related equipment
- Preventative maintenance and repair of facility
- Perform pre/post event inspections and document with completed checklists
- Perform cleaning and maintenance on operations department equipment, keep work areas and equipment organized and functional
- Prepare ice for all practices, games and other ice events. Duties include: removing debris; checking ice depth; scraping, edging and resurfacing ice.
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Ability to read and write and to follow written and oral instructions and complete standardized checklist forms
Essential Physical Functions:
- Good physical condition and health, sufficient strength and stamina needed for heavy, awkward and repeated lifting of up to 75 pounds, capable of performing heavy manual labor for extended period
- Ability to work irregular hours including nights, weekends and holidays
- Ability to climb portable and fixed ladders, accessing remote areas of the facility, working with hand and power tools, communicating via portable radio, reading and comprehending blueprints and drawings
- Ability to work with and around water and ice and to work at or below freezing temperatures for extended periods of time
- Various power and hand tools
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.