Job Title: Painter
Job Reports To: Director, Engineering Operations
- Prep and prepare walls and other surfaces for painting by scraping, using sandpaper, removing old paint, graphics, etc.
- Mud cracks and holes with appropriate material.
- Mix paint and other materials to prepare the right color or texture.
- Paint surfaces according to instructions with various tools.
- Apply primers or sealers to ensure proper adherence of paint.
- Detect needed repairs on buildings, grounds, and equipment by following established inspection procedures.
- Protect all nearby furnishings and building materials before and during every painting job, including carpets, cabinetry, outlet covers, lighting fixtures and landscaping, covering, taping and/or moving as necessary.
- Maintain log of building paints and locations.
- Maintain inventory of tools and assist with inventory control of materials and equipment.
- Receive and complete work orders while maintaining accurate records on material and labor used.
- Work effectively with managers and supervisors to complete projects.
- Inspect jobs upon completion and ensure areas are clean.
- Demonstrate a familiarity with all health and safety precautions and ensure compliance with those procedures at all times while working.
- Store, handle and dispose of paint, stain, varnish, and other chemicals according to established procedures.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
- High school diploma/GED preferred.
- 5+ years commercial painting experience required.
- Knowledge of all paint types and solvents.
- Possesses knowledge of proper usage of all paint types, solvents and proper disposal of these products.
- Working knowledge of PC office software and work order system.
- Ability to prioritize projects and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to work diligently and efficiently in order to meet deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and communication skills.
- Ability to safely and efficiently operate hand and power tools.
- Minimum two years of experience safely operating forklift, scissor lifts, and boom lifts.
- Ability to work long and/or irregular hours including nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Possess a valid driver’s license, possess a suitable driving history and be insurable by Power’s insurance carrier (without conditions).
- As a condition of employment, qualified applicant will be subject to a background check, including criminal history, driving history and character references.
Essential Physical Functions:
- Capable of carrying and climbing portable and fixed ladders, accessing remote areas of the facility and working with hand and power tools, communicating via portable radio, reading and comprehending blueprints and drawings.
- Ability to work in extreme temperature changes from ice arena to outdoors in inclement weather.
- Ability to read and write and to follow written and oral instructions and complete standardized checklist forms.
- Frequent lifting up to 50 lbs.; occasional lifting up to 75 lbs.
- Ability to walk and stand on concrete and uneven surfaces for at least 4 hours per day.
- Ability to bend, kneel and work with arms raised for prolonged periods of time.
- Ability to climb over and into heavy equipment several times per day.
- Frequent work at heights above 10 ft.
- Exposure to bright lights, extreme temperatures, loud noise, dust.
- Ability to pull/push equipment.
- Ability to stoop/crouch for a long period of time.
- Various power and hand tools (including but not limited to sockets, wrenches, hammers, drills, impact wrench, allen wrenches, and screwdrivers).
- Forklift, scissor lifts, boom lifts, motor vehicle (company truck), and other light duty machinery.
- PC and other general office equipment.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note: Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Employee will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instruction or assignments.