Job Title: Operations Conversion Technician
Job Reports To: Operations Supervisor
- Participate in set-up and disassembly of stage equipment, hockey glass, ice floor covering, dasher boards, meeting rooms, concourse set-ups, dressing rooms and other event related equipment.
- Preventative maintenance and repair of facility permanent and telescoping seating.
- Perform pre/post event or conversion inspections and document with completed checklists.
- Perform cleaning and maintenance on operations department equipment, keep work areas and equipment organized and functional.
- Assist with supervising the work of temporary labor staff.
- Minimum Requirements:
- High School graduate or GED
- Must possess valid driver’s license and good driving record; must also be insurable under the company’s driver policy
- Some experience in operations of light machinery
- Ability to read and write and to follow written and oral instructions and complete standardized checklist forms
- As a condition of employment, qualified applicant will be subject to a background investigation, including a criminal history check, previous employment verification and character references
Essential Physical Functions:
- Good physical condition and health, sufficient strength and stamina needed for heavy, awkward and repeated lifting of up to 75 pounds, capable of performing heavy manual labor for extended period.
- Ability to work long and/or irregular hours including nights, weekends and holidays.
- Ability to climb portable and fixed ladders.
- Required to work long hours on event days.
- Ability to work in extreme temperature changes from ice arena to outdoors in inclement weather.
- Frequent lifting up to 50 lbs. for up to 10 [minutes/seconds at a time], occasional lifting up to 75 lbs. for up to 3-5 [minutes/seconds at a time].
- Ability to walk and stand on concrete and uneven surfaces for at least 8 hours per day.
- Ability to bend, kneel and work with arms raised for prolonged periods of time.
- Ability to climb over and into heavy equipment several times per day.
- Occasional working at heights above 10 ft.
- Exposure to bright lights, extreme temperatures, loud noise, dust.
- Various power and hand tools
- Light trucks, scrubbing machines, forklift, suction cups, pallet jacks, and man lifts
- Note: Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Employee will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instruction or assignments.