Public Safety Internship - Nashville Predators/Bridgestone Arena (Nashville, TN) Description
Nashville Predators/Bridgestone Arena seeks an intern to participate in the Sports Education 101 program in the Security/Public Safety department. This is an unpaid internship where candidates must be enrolled as a student in an accredited college or university.
Internships do not guarantee full-time positions with Bridgestone Arena or the Nashville Predators upon completion.
- Manage an inventory of security-related items such as hand held metal detectors, cameras, radios, keys and electronic card readers
- Assist with administrative duties as well as developing credentials for staff
- Prepare staff documents, event sign-ups, event notes, schedule, etc.
- Assist with tracking and logging lost and found items from events
- Review event documentation and follow-up on various issues.
- Assist in the arena event planning process and coordinate operations with all Arena departments and contractors.
Nashville Predators Internship Requirements
- Interns must be students enrolled in classes at an accredited college or university.
- The internship must be a part of the student’s curriculum.
- The internship must provide earned hours that are directly applied to the student’s degree.
- Non-traditional work hours, evenings, weekends and holidays. During the season this includes game nights.
- Interns must be fun, energetic and outgoing individuals with a strong work ethic who possess the ability to interact with all types of people.
- Internships do not provide housing, compensation or transportation.
- Internships do not guarantee full-time positions with the Nashville Predators or Bridgestone Arena upon completion.
- As a condition of internship, qualified applicant will be subject to a background check, including a criminal history check and character references.
- 18 years old.
- Strong computer skills, including programs such as Outlook, Word, Excel.
- Ability to demonstrate physical fitness.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Upbeat, friendly personality. Polite, positive, respectful self-starter who works well with others.
- Organized and detail-oriented with the ability to multi-task and problem solve in fast paced work environment.
- Possess good judgment, problem solving and communication skills.
- Physical activities require considerable use of arms and legs and moving whole body, including sitting, walking, standing, bending, squatting, climbing stairs, kneeling, twisting, lifting, grasping, balancing and handling of materials.
- Ability to see details at a close range (within a few feet of the observer) and at a distance.
- Ability to speak and communicate clearly with others.
- Lifting requirements – must be able to lift a minimum of 50 lbs.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.