Through its Sports Education 101 program, the Nashville Predators offer full-time college students the opportunity to gain hands-on experience in sport management, make professional connections in the industry, and earn college credit at the same time! The Preds are seeking an energetic individual who is enthusiastic and committed to learning about the industry from professionals and executives at Bridgestone Arena in addition to administering Skating programs at Ford Ice Center for the Scott Hamilton Skating Academy - Fall internship program (August - December). Please read below for requirements and description.
Nashville Predators/Ford Ice Center Internship Requirements
- Interns must be students at accredited colleges and universities.
- The internship must be a part of the student’s curriculum.
- The internship must provide earned hours that are directly applied to the student’s degree (explain in your cover letter).
- Interns must work a minimum of 32 hours per week, per semester including non-traditional work hours, evenings, weekends and holidays. During the season this may include game nights.
- Interns must be fun, energetic, and outgoing individuals with a strong work ethic who possess the ability to interact with all types of people.
- Internships do not provide housing, compensation or transportation.
- Internships do not guarantee full-time positions with the Predators upon completion.
- As a condition of internship, qualified applicant will be subject to a background check, including a criminal history check and character references as well as a MVR check.
Scott Hamilton Skating Academy Internship
This position supports the Ford Ice Center’s Learn-to-Skate Manager in all aspects of preparation and execution of grassroots skating and sport programming and initiatives, such as Learn to Skate classes, in-house competitions, special events, and various on-ice programming at Ford Ice Center and Bridgestone Arena. Additionally, FIC is hosting the 2018 Eastern Great Lakes Regional Championships in October, the fall intern’s responsibilities also include the opportunity of working alongside the board of the Scott Hamilton Skating Club and US Figure Skating. Primary responsibility is to provide day-to-day administrative support to the department, including responding to general inquiries through email and phone in addition to maintaining registration databases.
- Assist management in administrative duties and responsibilities as assigned by supervisor.
- Assist efforts for Go Skate! registration at home games (an industry growth program to get kids ages 4-12 on the ice).
- Assist putting on events at Ford Ice Center and Bridgestone Arena such as membership parties, production shows, in-house competitions, performances at Bridgestone and FIC, etc.
- Assist in planning the Eastern Great Lakes Regional Championships.
- Assist with web based postings, social media, and photo gallery from department initiatives.
- Learn and assist with the creation and production of skating programs.
- Provide day-to-day administrative support
- Maintenance of waiver system
- Inventory of equipment
- Provide backup assistance to front desk, which includes operation of the phones
- Assist Business Operations Coordinator and Marketing Coordinator
- Organization/Implementation of summer events at Ford Ice Center
- Support General Manager and Office Manager on various projects, as assigned
- Strong interpersonal skills with a customer service approach.
- Upbeat, friendly personality. Polite, positive, respectful self-starter who works well with others.
- Organized and detail-oriented with the ability to multi-task and problem solve in fast paced work environment.
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office programs (Outlook, Excel, Word).
- Flexibility and willingness to work non-traditional work hours, including evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Provide a valid driver’s license and good driving record.
- Ability to work on and off ice at or below freezing temperatures for extended periods of time.
- Skating experience is preferred.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.