Job Title: Part Time Operations Conversion Technician
Job Reports To: Operations Supervisor
- Participate in precise set-up and disassembly of stage equipment, hockey glass, ice floor covering, dasher boards, meeting rooms, concourse set-ups, dressing rooms and other event related equipment.
- Maintain all equipment in excellent working order including preventative maintenance and repair of facility permanent and telescoping seating.
- Perform pre/post event or conversion inspections and document with completed checklists to ensure the proper conditions and that all safety aspects are reviewed.
- Perform cleaning and maintenance on operations department equipment, keep work areas and equipment organized and functional.
- Works safely, quickly and efficiently to meet all deadlines.
- Assist with supervising the work of temporary labor staff.
- Comply with OSHA/TOSHA regulations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School graduate or equivalent.
- Some experience in operation of light machinery.
- Prior conversion or event experience preferred.
- Ability to read and write and to follow written and oral instructions and complete standardized checklist forms.
- Ability to work long and/or irregular hours including nights, weekends and holidays.
- Required to work long hours on event days.
- Ability to safely and efficiently operate hand and power tools.
- Possess a team player mentality; must be able to adapt to changes and work in a multi-client environment.
- As a condition of employment, qualified applicant will be subject to a background check, including criminal history, driving history, previous employment verification and character references.
Essential Physical Functions:
- Good physical condition and health, sufficient strength and stamina needed for heavy, awkward and repeated lifting of up to 100 pounds, capable of performing heavy manual labor for extended period.
- Ability to climb portable and fixed ladders.
- Ability to work in extreme temperature changes from ice arena to outdoors in inclement weather.
- Ability to walk and stand on concrete and uneven surfaces for at least 8 hours per day.
- Ability to bend, kneel and work with arms raised for prolonged periods of time.
- Ability to climb over and into heavy equipment several times per day.
- Occasional working at heights above 10 ft.
- Exposure to bright lights, extreme temperatures, loud noise, dust.
- Wearing face mask and/or Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for long periods of time.
- Various power and hand tools (including but not limited to sockets, wrenches, hammers, drills, impact wrench, allen wrenches, and screwdrivers).
- Light trucks, scrubbing machines, forklift, suction cups, pallet jacks, and man lifts.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.