Anschutz Entertainment Group, Inc. (“AEG”) is a subsidiary of The Anschutz Company and one of the leading sports and entertainment presenters in the world. AEG owns a collection of companies including multi-use facilities such as STAPLES Center and StubHub! Center in Southern California, several sports franchises including the Los Angeles Kings (NHL) and Los Angeles Galaxy (MLS) and AEG LIVE, one of the world's leading concert promotions and touring companies. AEG is also currently overseeing the development of L.A. LIVE, 4 million sq. ft. downtown L.A. sports, residential and entertainment district.
The Director, Group Sales will oversee daily operations of the group sales department and account executive team. Group Sales Director will develop tactical and innovative ticket sales strategies to target groups for LA Kings games and ancillary events. This position will require a business plan and execution of a strategy to surpass all revenue targets. This position is also responsible for developing the strategy around recruiting, training, and developing our Group Sales Team.
- Generate new/increased sales revenue opportunities through: effective leadership, implementation of best sales practices, development of sales strategies, sales training, inventory maximization and results tracking.
- Provide daily oversight of group sales representatives, monitoring sales goals, KPIs, and development of team relationships. Make hiring and discipline/termination decisions, working in coordination with Human Resources. Conduct employee performance reviews (mid-year and end-of-year).
- Lead with other departments to conceptualize, plan, organize, and implement group theme game events.
- As a member of the sales leadership team, create and foster a positive and energetic sales culture within the Kings sales team, as well as the entire Front Office.
- Implement new group sales programs and maximize revenue from existing group sales programs.
- Develop sales representative’s sales skills by facilitating on-the-job training and coaching.
- Consistently execute by being organized, proactive, and owning projects with team leaders. Maintain and develop relationships with key organizations that extend beyond sales executive contacts.
- Perform game day responsibilities, including entertaining clients and fulfillment of group sales programs. Oversee game day fan experiences and group assets.
- Attend team, community, and other events for purpose of maximizing sales opportunities.
- Meet or exceed weekly, monthly, and annual sales team goals and activity requirements
- Work in partnership with the Ticket Sales and Analytics department to develop the annual pricing strategy
- Collaborate with Marketing and Global Partnerships departments to establish and execute major group theme nights. Manage the team’s efforts to fulfill various asset experiences each game and analyze them to improve for the future.
- Creating and managing the annual group ticket sales budget and business plan
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY:
The Director, Group Sales must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skill and abilities:
- BA/BS Degree (4-year) (Advanced Degree Preferred)
- A minimum of 5-7 years of related experience
- Prior experience managing a team
- Proven ability to meet or exceed established sales goals
- Ability to read, listen, and communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Proven leadership experience
- Thoroughness and attention to detail
- Highly motivated, naturally assertive, with a positive attitude
- Ability to multi-task effectively and with a sense of urgency, sometimes under a high level of pressure
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills
- Enthusiasm for and/or experience in professional sports sales and/or service
- Flexible hours required: working evenings/nights, weekends and holidays
AEG reserves the right to change or modify the employee’s job description whether orally or in writing, at any time during the employment relationship. AEG may require an employee to perform duties outside his/her normal description.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.