The Producer/Editor is primarily responsible for editorial video content for the Detroit Red Wings, Detroit Tigers, Little Caesars Arena, and 313 Presents through creative story telling. Working with the Lead Producer/Editor this person will perform video shoots, develop story ideas and produce unique content with the goal of entertaining fans across all media platforms as well as in-venue entertainment. Position will involve non-traditional work hours. Upon occasion, this person will work on video projects for other entities within the Olympia Entertainment family.
- Creation of video content for The Detroit Red Wings, Little Caesars Arena, 313 Presents and the Detroit Tigers.
- Develop and maintain standards of video development and review for a collaborative environment.
- Highly skilled in video editing and well versed in cinematography and still photography.
- Conduct interviews and develop video features for The Detroit Red Wings and Little Caesars Arena Media Platforms as well as in-venue entertainment vignettes.
- Collaborate with other departments and corporate entities to create best in class video productions.
- Stay current on new web video technologies and industry trends. Make recommendations to innovate and improve operations and enhance the video experience at Little Caesars Arena as well as our social channels and website.
- Make recommendations regarding growth of the department in terms of talent needed as well as hardware and software solutions.
- Creative storytelling ability is of great importance.
Supplemental Job Functions:
- Performs other duties as assigned
Minimum Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor degree in Broadcast Journalism, Communications or related field. Experience may be considered in lieu of a formal degree.
- Minimum of three years experience in video production, sports or news environment preferred.
Any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the knowledge and abilities necessary to perform the work
- Possess the highest integrity and ethical standards
- Evidence of creativity and innovation in developing project and story ideas.
- Proficiency with media editing software; including Final Cut, Adobe After Effects, CS5, Adobe Premier.
- Evidence of highly developed verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to present ideas clearly and concisely.
- Demonstrated organization and planning skills with the ability to manage multiple projects.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and collaboratively.
- Ability and willingness to work flexible and non-traditional schedules, including evenings, weekends and holidays in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability and willingness to travel and to adhere to corporate travel policies.
Preferred Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Knowledge of or previous experience working in a sports environment.
- Some motion graphic skills.
- Advanced video editing skills
- Advanced video camera and still photography skills.
- Irregular and extended hours including nights, weekends, and holidays
- Exposure to high noise level
- Frequent visual/auditory attention
- This position requires travel by vehicle, train, air or other types of transportation.
- This position involves carrying and set up of equipment.
- This position involves assignments both inside and outside of an arena environment with varying temperatures and weather conditions.
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a colleague encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The above is intended to describe the essential job functions, the general supplemental functions and the essential requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of all supplemental duties, responsibilities or nonessential requirements. Olympia Entertainment, Inc. has the right to change, modify, suspend, interrupt or cancel in whole or in part any job functions outlined in a job description at any time and without advance notice to the employee.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.