To provide general accounting support to the organization, including but not limited to preparing and posting journal entries, reconciling accounts, month-end closing activities, interest/debt schedules, sales and use tax reconciliations and annual returns, annual census reporting, escheatment processing, ad hoc reporting and special projects.
• Participate in the monthly close process, including preliminary review of financial statements, preparation and posting of journal entries, and explanation of budget to actual variances.
• Analyze and reconcile various general ledger accounts monthly
• Preparation of interest/debt schedules, monthly journal entries and account reconciliation
• Preparation of tax department annual requests
• Preparation of monthly and annual sales/use tax returns
• Preparation of annual census report
• Analyze and perform annual Escheatment reporting
• Execute in accordance with corporate accounting policies and procedures and recommend new ideas or changes to current policies and procedures, as needed.
• Continuously evaluate business processes and implement changes that increase efficiencies.
Supplemental Job Functions:
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
• Minimum of two years related experience
Any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the knowledge and abilities necessary to perform the work
• Possess the highest integrity and ethical standards
• Effective communication skills, both orally and in writing
• Strong problem solving and analytical skills
• Strong attention to detail
• High level of resourcefulness, initiative, and good judgment. Setting priorities and handling multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Intermediate Excel skills
Preferred Knowledge, skills and abilities:
• Knowledge of accounting principles to ensure financial results are in conformity with Generally Acceptable Accounting Principles (GAAP)
• Advanced Excel skills, which may include the creation of macros, pivot tables, etc.
• Experience with Smartview
• Experience with Oracle
• Standard business day plus overtime as needed to meet job responsibilities and deadlines.
• Frequent visual/auditory attention
• Exposure to moderate noise level
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.