Responsible for assisting the Security Managers with managing events at LCA and the District Detroit. Ensure the security staff delivers quality service with internal and external guests through excellence in standards, presentation and professionalism. Manage event activities such as pre-event information, event planning, event settlement, and event summary.
Responds to event related incidents, which occur in the area and participates with tour and promoters to resolve any issues. Provides event security and safety services to LCA and all District Detroit entities. This position is responsible for LCA Venue Security part time administrative support positions performance and coaching.
- Ensures weekly event staff payroll is processed accurately and in a timely manner.
- Provides pre-event information on upcoming events through gathering information from other venues. Disseminates information through cost projections, event plans and pre-event questionnaires.
- Facilitates EMS medical staffing requests for all events and follows up to ensure all EMS invoices/billing are reconciled.
- Coordinates contract security staffing requests and reconciliation of invoices/billing when necessary.
- Communicates with other departments and outside contacts through attending ticketed and non-ticketed event meetings to ascertain staffing and security operational needs for events.
- Organizes new and existing event colleague paperwork, which includes new hire paperwork, tax forms, orientation paperwork etc.
- Conducts screening interviews / hiring for open department positions.
- Trains and develops part time administrative support security colleagues.
- Manages part time administrative support payroll, hours, submission and process.
- Manages part time administrative support performance.
Supplemental Job Functions
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree in area of study, preferably security management or criminal justice, experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in security and safety, experience with, public or private sector security and event management.
- The ability to travel throughout metro Detroit.
- Strong management and training ability.
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal skills.
- Proof of and maintain a valid operator’s license, automobile insurance as a primary driver, valid passport, as well as, a reliable means of transportation to carry out essential job functions, in accordance with company policy and procedures.
- Must pass a criminal background check in accordance with company policy and periodically checked thereafter.
- Must be willing and able to work evening and weekends
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree in Security Management or Criminal Justice
- Professional training certifications in Security Management or Criminal Justice.
- Works in a normal office environment where there is no physical discomfort due to temperature, noise, dust and the like.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.