The Director, Premium Sales will oversee all aspects of premium sales for the Detroit Red Wings and the Detroit Tigers. This position will execute sales strategies that achieve revenue targets and maximize profit margins while overseeing departmental budgets, working closely with vendors, collaborating with all stakeholders and segments of the organization. This position is responsible for overseeing the Premium Sales Executives and Managers.
- Mentor and develop staff using a supportive and collaborative approach on a consistent basis. Demonstrate a leadership approach/style that promotes the values of the organization; provide effective leadership and management oversight to all sales and service teams.
- Execute, track and adjust strategies to ensure annual revenue and targets are met.
- Recruit, interview, hire, coach and regularly conduct performance reviews of premium sales team.
- Oversee the premium sales communication strategy.
- Develop and execute long term & short term strategy regarding new sales and retention of existing clients.
- Create and oversee the operating budget for the Premium Sales & Service department, including commission and compensation structure, individual and department revenue goals.
- Continuously network with industry peers to identify new and creative programs to more effectively research, identify, cultivate and target new areas for growth of premium sales.
- Manage all premium campaigns through CRM tools and sales reports, tracking ROI, and lead management.
- Collaborate with sponsorship department to identify opportunities for increased revenue, in the form of sponsorship packages.
- Coordinate experiences and events to strengthen relationships with all new and existing suite holders.
- Develop and maintain strong, cooperative interdepartmental relationships.
- Collaborate with ticket sales team to develop programs that can identify up sell opportunities through existing season ticket holder base.
- Design and implement a high value benefits platform for all premium clients.
- Collaborate with leadership to identify, develop and monetize new premium spaces at both Comerica Park and Little Caesars Arena.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Communications, Sports Management or related field.
- Minimum 7 years of progressively responsible and relevant experience in premium sales.
- Minimum 2 years of supervisory/experience.
- Exceptional track record of developing and implementing sales strategies that have consistently met or exceeded planned objectives.
- Evidence of being a strategic thinker with the ability to develop and implement processes and plans.
- Evidence of a successful leadership track record with high ethical standards.
- Extensive knowledge of ticketing and CRM systems a plus.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to handle multiple projects.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including spreadsheet applications.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Office Environment
- Irregular and extended hours including nights, weekends, and holidays