The Community Relations Assistant is responsible for providing a wide range of support to the Detroit Red Wings Community Relations department and Detroit Red Wings Foundation in all areas including, but not limited to, donation requests, fan mail/autograph requests, and department events. This is a part-time, seasonal position.
- Assist Community Relations Coordinator with the team’s donation program, including daily processing of requests, allocation of merchandise, distribution of donations, inventory control, and tracking of all items
- Assist the Foundation Coordinator with managing all player/team fan mail for Autographs for a Cause program, including maintaining, processing, and tracking all requests
- Support all Detroit Red Wings Community Relations email accounts, providing timely and considerate responses to each inquiry
- Manage team fan pack program and maintain merchandise inventory; oversee all requests for fan packages, care packages, and fan experiences
- Assist with data entry and prize fulfillment logistics for the Red Wings for Reading program
- Answer and support external phone inquiries
- Assist with planning Community Relations events, including but not limited to, MI Wings Community Tour, Hockey Fights Cancer Awareness Night, Military Appreciation Night, Hockey Is For Everyone Awareness Night, NHL Green Week, and Lady Wings initiatives
- Assist with planning Detroit Red Wings Foundation events, including but not limited to, the Toast of Hockeytown and the MotorCity Casino Hotel’s Red Wings Charity Poker Tournament
- Assist Community Relations Coordinator with game night charity ticket programs and meet & greet opportunities
- Assist with special on-ice events, internal team autograph signings, fan visits at DRW practices and games, Make-A-Wish events, etc.
- Assist with department research projects
- Perform all other duties and responsibilities as assigned
Supplemental Job Functions
- Performs other duties as assigned
Minimum Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree in the fields of Marketing, Communications, Public Relations, or Sports Management preferred
- Evidence of solid communication skills through verbal, written and telephonic channels
- Ability to demonstrate computer proficiency
- Experience with Word mail merge, Excel spreadsheets, and PowerPoint presentations
- The ability to produce material under strict deadlines with a high attention to detail and confidentiality
Preferred Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Experience working in the sports and entertainment industry, particularly in hockey
- Experience in community relations and/or foundation event planning
- Experience volunteering and/or working with nonprofit organizations
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Ability to excel in a mastery-oriented environment
Irregular and extended hours including nights, weekends, and holidays
- Exposure to moderate - high noise level
- Ability to lift a minimum of 25 lbs.
- Frequent visual/auditory attention
- Extended periods of time walking, standing or climbing
- The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a colleague encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.