DSE Hockey Club, L.P.
Communications/Community Relations: Corporate Communications
The Dallas Stars are looking for a qualified intern to join our Communications department for the summer.
The internship will provide coaching and opportunity for hands-on experience with the world of professional sports communications in a way that will leave you incredibly prepared for any future job that might arise in the communications field.
What you’ll learn:
· The day-to-day tasks and responsibilities of a communications department during the NHL season
· Learn the essential role of the communications department in all aspects of organization including corporate partnerships, ticket sales, community outreach programs, Dallas Stars Foundation, and hockey operations
· How the overall messaging for a professional sports team is established, written and disseminated to media and general public
· How to research, update and formulate statistical information for media including game notes, pre-game emails and game day info
· How to complete necessary tasks for Stars home game days including credentialing process, press box setup and media hospitality efforts
· How to compile and archive daily news clips
· Observe interactions of the communications department with media, players and hockey operations officials
· Assist the communications department at the 2018 NHL Draft and 2018 Stars Development Camp
What we are looking for:
· Candidates MUST BE enrolled in college and receive college credit for this position
· A background in communications, sports information or public relations
· Extremely strong oral and written communication skills
· Proficient in Microsoft Office
· Experience with Adobe Indesign
· High level of comfort and professionalism while having to interact with new people on a daily basis while representing the Dallas Stars Hockey Club.
· Must have reliable transportation to and from Dr Pepper StarCenter Frisco (located at the northeast corner of Dallas North Tollway and Sam Rayburn Tollway)