Housekeeping Assistant (Part-Time) - Columbus Blue Jackets (Columbus · OH)
Columbus Blue Jackets
Jobs in Columbus · OH
Facility Operations/Event Staff: Custodial/Housekeeping
Perform routine custodial work, minor maintenance, and repair work in the cleaning and upkeep of Nationwide Arena.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Responsible for the condition and cleanliness of spaces as assigned, which includes specialty locker rooms, restrooms, meeting rooms, and office space.
- Disinfect rooms includes sweeping, mopping, dusting, trash removal, vacuuming, stocking glass cleaning, spot cleaning, carpet cleaning, wall washing and floor refinishing.
- Performs bowl cleaning work which may include policing of liquids, sweeping of trash, and mopping of all seating areas.
- Operate specialty equipment such as scrubbers, floor cleaners, vacuums, carpet cleaning machines, KaiVac restroom cleaning machines, etc.
- Assists in oversight of contractor event and post clean work. Inspects work and redirects workers as needed.
- Performs recovery-cleaning tasks as scheduled.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; responds promptly to customer needs; solicits customer feedback to improve service; responds to requests for service and assistance; meets commitments.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; takes responsibility for own actions; keeps commitments; commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals.; completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; reports potentially unsafe conditions; uses equipment and materials properly.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or GED required; 0 to 1 years of related experience and/or training in custodial techniques and practices in office or Arena settings is preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand, see and communicate. The employee is frequently required to walk, stand, stoop, bend and climb stairs. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is occasionally exposed to vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Are you authorized to work lawfully in the United States?