Department: Fifth Third Arena
Reports To: Facility Supervisors
Posting Date: April 2021
This Customer Service Associate is responsible for performing the daily activities required to operate the Fifth Third Arena, including all aspects of cash handling, special events, and support of on-ice programming. This position will also serve as a front desk attendant, and assist with public skate sessions. This position must provide the highest level of customer service to all clients of the facility.
- Effectively use Facility registration software.
- Responsible for keeping all areas of the facility clean and organized, including sanitizing locker rooms and all common areas.
- Maintaining a professional and organized demeanor when dealing with both internal and external guests and coworkers to provide the highest level of customer service.
- Adhere to all policies and procedures to ensure a safe work environment. Including the enforcement of all COVID related rules and guidelines.
- Properly report and document incidents.
- Have excellent working knowledge of the facility as a whole. Ability to fill other customer service associate roles, including party attendant, scorekeeper, skate shop attendant, skate guard, and cashier.
- Responsible for front desk duties including, assisting customers and processing transactions.
- Support on-ice programs through scorekeeping youth and adult hockey games as well as checking in program participants.
- Ensures a safe and enjoyable environment as a public skate guard.
- Serves as host for space rentals, tournaments, and special events.
- Stage/Breakdown facility for events which includes moving tables, chairs, and other furniture.
- Excellent customer service skills, especially in difficult situations.
- Ability to recognize unsafe situations and respond accordingly.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to problem solve and react in a calm manner to stressful situations.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and manage time effectively.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including nights, weekends and holidays.
- Ability to work in cold temperatures.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- High School degree or equivalent experience preferred.
- Preferred 1-year ice rink operations/hockey experience.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs. maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying of objects weighing up to 20 lbs.
- Experience using registration/facility/point of sale software preferred.
- Knowledge of relevant equipment, policies, procedures, and strategies to promote effective facility operations and programs.
- Roles do not require skating ability, except for skate guard.
- CPR Certification or will be trained.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.