The Carolina Hurricanes are hiring a Social Media Coordinator to assist in the management of day-to-day social content programming across various organizational social media platforms. The ideal candidate will have a background in marketing and/or communications and can bring a high level of creativity, wit and an eye for quality presentation to this role.
The candidate will adhere to the brand’s social media strategy and guidelines and marketing brand pillars (bold, regional, fun) when developing content for posting on organizational social accounts and assisting in the management of assigned social media responsibilities.
Applicants must include a link or documents that highlight their creative and/or writing ability. Samples can include but are not limited to ad copy, photographs, editorial, social posts (tweets, TikToks), articles, etc.
- Assist in management, content planning, production, programming and posting for Carolina Hurricanes organizational social media accounts.
- Identify opportunities for 1:1 communication with fans via social platforms in order to build brand affinity and drive growth.
- Assist in responding to fans across multiple social platforms.
- Assist the Social Media Manager with writing compelling, engaging, timely and on-brand copy for social media posts across platforms with goal of further solidifying unique brand voice.
- Assist with development of creative content and copy ideas that drive engagement or traffic to club-owned digital assets, raise awareness for events or support various brand initiatives.
- Work closely with Social Media Manager and other members of organization to lead player social media education and empowerment.
- Participate in brainstorm sessions and generate ideas for social content that can engage, surprise, delight and entertain Carolina Hurricanes fans.
- Work with various members of in-house creative and production teams, as well as freelancers and agencies, to develop content for social media platforms.
- Assist in production of analytics reports.
- Ability to work both independently and desire to work collaboratively within larger meetings, discussions and brainstorm sessions.
- Stay aware of latest industry trends and behaviors – both inside and outside of sports - and apply insights into creative and strategic approach.
- Work closely with other departments to determine how to leverage social media to reach various business objectives.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, communications or related field.
- Minimum of 1-3 years of professional experience working directly for a professional/collegiate sports team, brand or within an agency.
- Understanding of hockey, the NHL, hockey culture and language, vocabulary and jargon used in the sport of hockey.
- Creative writer, content strategist and problem-solver who is able to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Photography skills a plus.
- Experience shooting photos and videos with a mobile phone during game and non-game setting.
- Basic understanding of Adobe Creative Suite preferred.
- Strong visual eye for social media graphics, photography, videos, copy etc.
- Strong understanding of social media best practices, social platforms and different ways to utilize those platforms to engage fans and build a community.
- Strong attention to detail, grammar and proofreading skills.
- Strong time management and planning skills.
- Consistently reflect strong time management, organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Must be dependable, flexible and a reliable team player who can prioritize building interpersonal relationships.
- Ability to work non-traditional hours in non-traditional settings including some nights, weekends and holidays and able and willing to travel to off-site events, etc. as needed.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality and use discretion when privy to sensitive information.
- Must pass a criminal background check
This is a non-exempt hourly position.
Hurricanes Holding, LLC reserves the right to change or modify the employee's job description whether orally or in writing, at any time during the employment relationship. Hurricanes Holdings, LLC may require an employee to perform duties outside his/her normal description. This description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.