The Facilities Technician is responsible for the repairs, troubleshooting, monitoring, and preventive maintenance of all mechanical, electrical, plumbing, structural and architectural systems in the facility.
- Follow established dress and behavioral codes.
- Attend meetings and training classes to keep up to date on building policies and procedures as required.
- Constantly evaluate Facilities’ procedures to ensure safety and establish new safety guidelines.
- Maintain inventory of all equipment and tools.
Experience and skills required, but not limited to: Candidate must have high school diploma or equivalent. Must have a valid NC driver’s license and acceptable driving record.
Preferred: Electrical experience including troubleshooting electrical systems and motors, conduit installation and general knowledge of the electrical code.
- Candidate must have the ability to read and follow verbal and written instructions as well as adhere to building policies and event requirements. Must have knowledge of and ability to follow all safety procedures and guidelines. Must be able to lift objects up to 50 lbs and to stand, bend and stoop for long periods of time and climb stairs to inspect and handle problems.
- Candidate must have knowledge of basic mathematical skills.
- Candidate must be willing to work in a fast paced, team environment, be willing to work a flexible schedule to include different shifts revolving around event schedule as needed, evenings, weekends and holidays hours if needed. Candidate must have ability to interact with fellow employees and general public in a professional manner. Must be willing to participate in an on-call rotation for building emergencies.
- Must pass a criminal background check and pre-employment drug screen.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.