The Parking & Traffic Office Coordinator will provide support for the Assistant Director of Parking & Traffic in operating the department’s deployment office and performing other duties, such as, but not limited, to assigning uniforms, uniform inventory, time keeping, scheduling, and employee relations. This is a full-time job opportunity requiring a balance of work during the day and during events.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Use online system to schedule part-time staff for various events
- Process employee time and payroll
- Assist in the hiring process as well as evaluation of supervisors, cashiers and attendants for an effective and efficient workforce
- Track call outs, late arrivals and no call no shows
- Assist with maintaining fleet vehicles and equipment (message boards, light towers, signage, etc.)
- Communicate via telephone, repeater radio, and/or in-person with PNC Arena staff, Raleigh Police, and NCDOT
- Answer the telephone during the day/events to provide customer service to guests that have questions
- Serve as a liaison for traffic concerns with the Centennial Authority, North Carolina State University Athletic Department, North Carolina State Fairgrounds, and North Carolina State Department of Transportation, North Carolina State Highway Patrol, City of Raleigh Department of Transportation and the City of Raleigh Police Department.
- Coordinate with contract vendors for parking lot paving, painting, cleaning, snow removal and vehicle tow services.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Prior supervisory or management experience preferred
- Well organized and have attention to detail
- Basic computer skills required
- Exceptional communication skills
- Proven record of being highly reliable
- Must be able to report on weekends at any time on event days
- Strong leadership ability
- Ability to react to changing demands efficiently and effectively
- Willingness to work at least 90% of events per month
- Willingness to work irregular hours, including nights, weekends, and holidays
- Must pass criminal background check and pre-employment drug screen
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.