PNC Arena and the Carolina Hurricanes are in search of a full-time HR/Payroll Coordinator. This position will assist Human Resources and Payroll with day to day operations for our 160 full-time and 1500 part-time employees. The successful candidate will also serve as payroll backup for processing bi-weekly and semi-monthly payrolls as needed.
- Respond to daily routine HR and Payroll inquiries
- Assist with performing background checks
- Responsible for maintaining active and terminated employee files
- Assists with entering new hire data into the timekeeping and HRIS system
- Enters information from new hire I-9 forms into E-verify system
- Responds to employment & wage verifications and unemployment claims
- Work closely with HR and Payroll on assigned projects to ensure deadlines are met
- Assist with recruiting efforts and represent company at job fairs as needed
- Assist with annual benefits open enrollment
- Perform other HR and payroll duties as needed or assigned
- College or equivalent degree in Human Resources strongly preferred
- 1-2 years HR experience preferred
- Previous payroll experience preferred
- Knowledge of basic human resource practices, including human resource compliance
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency of MS Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint) and Adobe Acrobat
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in fast paced environment
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality
- Strong organization skills and attention to detail
- Strong initiative and ability to prioritize work load
- Previous experience with HR/Payroll systems and timekeeping systems. UltiPro/UKG and ABI preferred
- Self-motivated and able to work under limited supervision.
- Ability to work effectively under tight deadlines.
- Ability to work under pressure while maintaining a positive and helpful attitude
- Ability to appropriately handle sensitive and confidential information
- Must pass criminal background check
No calls or inquiries from Placement or Staffing agencies please.
Hurricanes Holding, LLC reserves the right to change or modify the employee's job description whether orally or in writing, at any time during the employment relationship. Hurricanes Holdings, LLC may require an employee to perform duties outside his/her normal description. This document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.