The Guest & Event Experience Manager will assist the Sr. Director of Guest & Event Management in event monitoring, event staff training, retention, communications, recognitions, and appreciation as well as guest feedback. The Guest & Event Management Department consists of 300 part-time staff members to include: Ushers, Ticket Takers, Elevator Operators, Wheelchair Brigade, Risk Managers, UNC REX clinic & Wake County EMS. This position will assist management during events and daily office hours. This demanding position requires the flexibility to work evenings, weekends, and holidays.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include but are not all inclusive. Other duties may be assigned as dictated by business needs.
- Plans staffing call for each event. Assists Guest & Event Management with staffing needs and scheduling. Updates individual employee’s schedules as needed.
- Manage Guest Services email, web and call inquiries from guests.
- Assists with recruiting, interviewing, selecting, and onboarding Event & Guest Services staff according to established guidelines.
- Documents employee incidents, counseling Guest Services team members, and pursuing corrective action to ensure compliance with policies/procedures
- Creates a fun, positive, inclusive team environment for all employees.
- Represents Hurricanes Holdings, LLC & PNC Arena in conjunction with Sr Director as NHL league contact with regards to arena experience guidelines and initiatives and communicates league recommendations regularly to internal and external partners.
- Build strong working relationships across the organization.
- Serve as event lead on rotating basis and be responsible for researching event details, reviewing event notes, ensuring adequate staffing, execution of event and follow up.
- Work with Guest & Event Management team in managing large crowds under constantly changing event environments.
- Monitor safety of Guests during ingress, during the event, and egress.
- Lead the Guest & Event Management department in the absence of senior leadership.
- BA/BS or equivalent is preferred
- Minimum of 1-2 years of event management experience required
- Previous manager and customer service experience is strongly preferred
- Previous experience in Sports/Entertainment or Hospitality is strongly preferred
- Comfortable with engaging in a variety of different communicative modes (verbal, non-verbal, and written) and being attuned to others through strong active listening skills
- Strong sense of self-awareness and emotional intelligence
- Possess a strong ability to manage one’s own time and prioritize tasks.
Specific Job Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Must have experience working with large groups of people/guests
- Highly organized, resourceful, quick learner and able to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Have exceptional guest and client service capabilities
- Able to work well with different personalities in a fast-paced environment and meet constant deadlines
- Able to handle highly sensitive and confidential information
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Able to read, listen and communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing
- Experience with a time management system, ABIMM is preferred
- Must pass a criminal background check
Must be able to walk and stand for long periods of time as needed. Must be able to climb stairs and lift/move up to 10 lbs as needed.
This will be an hourly non-exempt position
Hurricanes Holding, LLC reserves the right to change or modify the employee's job description whether orally or in writing, at any time during the employment relationship. Hurricanes Holdings, LLC may require an employee to perform duties outside his/her normal description. This document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.