The Commissary Manager will enhance the overall Commissary operation by managing the ordering, purchasing and delivery of Food & Beverage supplies to all areas to ensure the successful operation of events.
This position will source at the best price items needed for Food & Beverage (food, supplies, and alcohol). Manage the Commissary areas and keep the Concession areas stocked, clean and stocked at a bi-event inventory par.
Job duties include but are not limited to:
- Purchase, invoice, and maintain inventory on all goods necessary for the operation of Food & Beverage areas and the Concessions operation
- Manage the receiving, storing, and proper rotation of goods in accordance with established health practices
- Maintain sanitation levels in all storage areas and concessions locations
- Understand all aspects of the Concessions operation including point of sale system, inventory control, cash handling, cost analysis, product control, and periodically act as the Concessions Manager on Duty
- Work closely with and assist other members of the Food and Beverage department
- Hiring and training of Commissary staff including the training in proper servicing of stands, carts, and portables before, during, and after events
- Monitor and maintain records on all goods transferred from inventory to any F&B locations
- Other tasks and projects as assigned
- Purchase goods within the framework of the budget
- Continually evaluate cost of goods to find the most effective cost without loss of quality
- Ability to learn how to code and record all invoices properly
- Financial understanding of overall labor goals for the Food and Beverage and Concessions departments
- Process payroll for all staff using ABI timekeeping system
- College degree preferred
- Ability to instruct, supervise and manage a fast-paced high-volume warehouse using efficient management techniques.
- Broad-based knowledge of jobs for cross training.
- Food and Beverage experience required.
- Ability to communicate well with public and co-workers
- Stamina to walk, reach, stand, bend and work long, late hours in a variable event-driven schedule which includes evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Must be able to read and write English as well as have basic mathematics and intermediate computer skills including the ability to learn new computer skills.
- Must pass criminal background check and pre-employment drug screen
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.