Are you passionate about hockey and have a knack for organization and attention to detail? The Motor City Rockers are seeking an experienced and dedicated Equipment Management Staff member to join our dynamic hockey team. This position may involve long hours, but it offers the unique opportunity to work up close and personal with a professional hockey team and be an integral part of the team's success.
- Comprehensive knowledge of hockey
- Exceptional organizational, time management, and communication skills
- Proficiency in skate sharpening
- Valid driver's license and high school diploma required
Key Abilities and Skills:
- Develop a working budget for the upcoming season based on end-of-season inventory
- Maintain thorough and accurate records
- Flexibility to work nights, weekends, holidays, and travel with the team for away games
- Expertise in skate sharpening, repairs, and adjustments
- Sewing proficiency
- Ability to modify and maintain equipment
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with management, league officials, facility representatives, colleagues, and the public
Duties and Responsibilities shared with existing staff:
- Set up daily practice essentials (towels, jerseys, socks, laundry bags, sports drinks, water, etc.)
- Pre-practice skate sharpening, equipment repairs, modifications, and sewing
- Organize pre-practice bench essentials: water bottles, coaches' board, tape, sticks, tires, etc.
- Post-practice skate sharpening, equipment repair, modifications, replacement, cleaning, and laundry
- Maintain cleanliness in designated areas: dressing room, weight room, training room, coach’s office, bathrooms, showers, and hallways
- Communicate with opposing team trainers/equipment personnel about building availability, arrival times, practice ice schedules, etc.
- Gameday set up for home team, visitors, and referees rooms in accordance with league rules
- Conduct in-season and post-season inventory of all hockey equipment and supplies
The Motor City Rockers are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.