The Motor City Rockers Professional Hockey Club, proud members of the Federal Prospects Hockey League, are seeking a passionate and qualified candidate for the position of Director of Marketing & Social Media.
The Director of Marketing & Social Media’s primary role will be responsible for planning, managing, and executing the Rockers marketing strategy through digital media, social media, and traditional means.
- Manage the Rocker's social media accounts, implementing strategies to grow our following, engage and retain our fanbase, and drive conversion of sales campaigns.
- Facilitate the relationship with various marketing and media partners across the Metro-Detroit area.
- Assist in the planning, management, and execution of the Rockers marketing plan and strategy for each applicable season, focusing on ticket sales through digital channels
- Creating and implementing various Rocker's email campaigns
- Brainstorm and create various pieces of content for social media, our website, and Rocker's games, as well as ads for traditional/digital marketing, radio copy, etc.
- Work with management in setting social media and digital marketing goals, and developing weekly reports to communicate the results
Qualifications and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, as candidates will be expected to fulfill several roles:
- Minimum 1-2 years of professional experience required
- Bachelor’s degree in related area and/or equivalent experience/training
- Solid knowledge of marketing principles, concepts, strategies, and best practices
- Proficient with Adobe Creative Suite, Canva and graphic design
- Working knowledge of basic marketing, promotions and ticket sales techniques in college or professional sports
- Experience as a motivated self-starter, with creative ideas, and the ability to lead by example
- A hard work ethic and mental attitude of success
- Those with a competitive drive and a hunger to be the best will gain favorable consideration
- Ability to reach AND exceed manageable goals
- Willingness to follow directions, learn, adapt in stressful situations, and not crack under pressure
- Willing to accept the challenge and dedication required to grow an organization and a loyal fan base
- Will be required to work nights, weekends, and holidays
- Attendance Required during Motor City Rockers home games and other required organization or community events, activities or functions as required
- Other responsibilities and duties as assigned by Team President
The Motor City Rockers are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.