JOB TITLE: Event / Maintenance Electrician
FACILITY: BB&T Center
DEPARTMENT: Building Operations
FSLA: Hourly, Non-Exempt
REPORTS TO: Senior Electrician /Building Operations Manager
Install, maintain, and repair electrical system within the facility, Safely troubleshoot Electrical issues, also must have the ability to read electrical blueprints and associated drawings. Ability to assist in maintenance projects from beginning to end in a reliable and timely manner and ensure that work is in accordance with National Electrical Codes. Three years’ experience as an electrician is preferred.
· Assemble, install, test, and maintain electrical equipment or electronic wiring, appliances, lighting fixtures. Must be proficient at using hand tools and power tools.
· Diagnose malfunctioning systems, apparatus, and components, with the correct use of test equipment and hand tools, to fix the cause of a breakdown and correct the problem.
· An ability to follow lockout/tag out safety guidelines in accordance with NFPA 70E.
· Maintain the safety of the public during events and any required maintenance task assigned.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
· Skilled in the operation of scissor/aerial lift equipment.
· Willing to assist in any building maintenance programs during off season times.· Such task may include lamp and ballast repairs. Replacement or upgrades to existing lighting system etc.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
· Extended knowledge of machines and tools including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
· Ability to read electrical drawings and schematics.
· Ability to work independently on projects.
· Ability to bend conduit to meet codes.
· Able to work nights, weekends and holidays.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to work extended and/or irregular hours including nights, weekends and holidays. This position has some exposure to adverse conditions. The position requires the ability to see details at a distance and the capacity to lift, pull, push and carry up to 50 pounds.
This description portrays in general terms the type, and a level of work performed and is not intended to be all-inclusive or to represent specific duties of any one incumbent. The knowledge, skills, and abilities may be acquired through a combination of formal schooling, self-education, prior experience, or on-the-job training.