Job Title: Technical Support Assistant
Reports to: Manager, Help-desk IT
FLSA Status: Non Exempt
Employment Type: Part-Time (Opportunity to become Full-Time position)
Posting Date: February 27th, 2019
The Florida Panthers are seeking a candidate for an entry level technical support position. Job responsibilities include a wide range of technical support, problem solving, and helping out with day to day projects. Candidate will primarily work out of the Arena in Sunrise but may be called to Practice Facility in Coral Springs.
Qualities we are seeking:
- Self-Motivated Problem solver with good communication skills.
- Reliable, team-oriented, proactive and adaptable individual.
- Available primarily for various Arena Events (NHL Game Night, Concerts, etc.)
- Setup and tear down of event related functions including but not limited to speakers, audio mixer, projectors, microphones, and laptops.
- Event day IT and A/V support, help desk duties, may include nights, weekends and holidays.
- Basic laptop and desktop troubleshooting.
- Helping users set up their desktop.
- Computer hardware, printer and copier configuration and troubleshooting.
- Assisting in network troubleshooting.
- Software installation.
- Running wires and cable termination for IT and AV.
- Two to six miles of walking on events days are common.
- Ability to get under stands and closets, mounting or removal of equipment from ceilings.
- General IT Knowledge - Installing and configuring computer hardware, software, printers and scanners for staff.
- Physically capable of lifting 50 pounds unassisted. Duties may also include supporting infrastructure at our practice rink in Coral Springs.
- Willingness to learn, work hard and always show up on time.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.