We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
These roles are responsible for ensuring timely completion of the custodial operations specific to the BB&T Center Arena. Responsibilities include proper use and handling of cleaning products, chemicals, equipment as well as inventory control and quality assurance.
- Ensures proper usage of supplies and equipment throughout the Arena.
- Safely operates and maintains all types of cleaning machinery and equipment.
- Ensures proper use of cleaning chemicals and agents.
- Conducts building inspections.
- Ability to properly utilize new equipment and follow safety procedures prior to using this equipment.
- Performs a variety of cleaning/maintenance duties as assigned including but not limited to sweeping, mopping, shampooing, dusting, polishing, trash disposal, replacing light bulbs and window cleaning.
- Removes trash from premises.
- Completes daily work orders as scheduled.
- Responsible for maintaining the appropriate level of sanitary and cleaning supplies for assigned areas. Maintains assigned equipment in good working condition.
- As applicable, cleans restrooms, sweeps and mops floors. Refills all dispensers such as hand towels, toilet paper & hand soap. Cleans toilets, urinals, sinks, mirrors & counters. Empties/removes trash. Reports any discrepancies or deficiencies to manager.
- Follows safety procedures and maintains a safe work environment.
- Other duties as required.
- Ability to lift 25 - 50 lbs.
- Ability to work in an upright standing position for long periods of time (8-12 hours/day).
- Ability to work in different environmental working conditions (e.g. heat, cold, wind, rain)
- Walk and climb stairs.
- Reach with hands and arms.
- Ability to quickly and easily navigate the property/building as required to meet the job functions.
- Ability to work extended/flexible hours and weekends based on project requirement.
- Climb ladders and work at heights above ground level (maximum 3 ft).
- Ability to interact effectively with management and peers
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.