In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen.
Job Title: Manager, Youth Hockey Operations
Reports To: Hockey Director, Panthers Ice Den/Baptist Health IcePlex
Employment Type: Full-Time
Location: Panthers IceDen and FTL War Memorial
The Florida Panthers are a community focused organization led by an authentic management team that served our country and now serves the South Florida community. The organization is on the rise and is experiencing success both on and off the ice. Led by General Manager Bill Zito, the Panthers are coming off their best season in franchise history. Off the ice, the business is experiencing growth across all key metrics and our revenue is at an all-time high. The organization is expanding outside of FLA Live Arena via the renovation of the FTL War Memorial in downtown Fort Lauderdale. This state-of-the-art ice facility will feature two regulation-size rinks, new team practice rink with stadium seating, and a 4,000-capacity music theatre for live entertainment. The future is bright, and we are very proud of what we are building in South Florida.
- Responsible for the overall operation of the Panthers Youth Hockey Programs with an emphasis on growing participation numbers each season and creating an experience that well-represents the Florida Panthers’ core values and vision for youth hockey in South Florida. This includes scheduling games, evaluating players, selecting teams, and communication with the league’s participants.
- Learn budgetary items to report to Hockey Director and know registration numbers and pricing structure.
Responsible for reporting retention and progression numbers after each session to show growth at the grassroots level progressing into travel hockey programming.
Development of curriculum and ongoing coach training programs for classes, leagues, clinics and camps at all levels from introductory to elite as directed by the Hockey Director.
Assist in the recruitment, training, and oversight of hockey staff and coaches as directed by the Hockey Director. Ensure compliance with USA Hockey & SAHOF (state affiliate) coaching certifications and modules.
Work with the Hockey Director to create and manage a comprehensive development philosophy and pathing plan, including resources within the Florida Panthers organization and extending to the greater regional, national and international hockey community (e.g., secondary schools, colleges and universities, amateur and professional leagues). Create a skill progression chart for distribution amongst participants.
Assist in the execution of all in house tournaments to include but limited to recruiting teams, sponsors, registrations, and tournament day responsibilities.
Participate in the planning, organizing and marketing of all youth ice hockey programs.
- Coordinate with Marketing Department to manage social media accounts with approved content. Provide updated information and advertising content to Marketing Department for all hockey related programming.
- Responsible for coordination with Front Office staff on youth program dates and registration.
- Develop strong and regular communication with staff and families, both in groups and individually, regarding upcoming programs and questions/concerns/feedback.
- Hold periodic staff (including monthly coaches) and parent meetings to increase communication and promote a healthy culture within the hockey community.
- Develop new and innovative programs to implement for future seasons.
Establish strong working relationships with partner rinks and outside groups who can help grow youth hockey throughout the South Florida community.
Attend regional and national conferences/meetings.
- Additional duties as assigned by Hockey Director.
- Minimum 5 years employment in ice related sports and administration.
- Experience teaching hockey to children, including extensive knowledge of hockey fundamentals and development tactics.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Strong team orientation; ability to forge effective working relationships with all key stakeholders.
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written.
- Coaching/team management background.
Demonstrated creativity, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills.
- Detail oriented, well organized, and able to work independently on assigned tasks.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products, as well as rink and hockey operations/database software, with the ability to quickly learn new software systems.
- Strong ability to adapt to changes, work effectively under pressure and produce accurate results in a fast-paced environment.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Able to work a full-time, flexible schedule including late nights, weekends, and holidays as needed.
- Physically able to skate for 60 minutes continuously multiple times a day, multiple hours in a row and able to work and train in cold on-ice conditions.
- Able to stand for sustained periods of time.
At the Florida Panthers, Arena Operating Company, Panthers Ice Den, and Sanza Food Service we strive to make every employee feel valued and respected for who they are and the unique contributions they make. We believe that a diverse and inclusive company is a more innovative and successful company, which is why we aim to infuse diversity, equity, and inclusion (DE&I) into all aspects of our culture and our business.
We welcome all to apply and join our team.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.