In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen.
Job Title: Culinary Staff
Department: Sanza - Ice Den
Reports To: Food & Beverage Manager
Employment Type: Part-Time
Location: Ice Den
Prepare and produce quality food according to the production specs provided while adhering to all Health Department Food & Safety regulations.
Specific duties include but are not limited to:
- Sets up and stocks cooking and food prep stations before each event
- Prepares quality food according to recipe specs provided
- Memorize and utilize our serving portion sizes and all basic meal prep procedures used in the kitchen
- Prepare a maximum of 20 orders concurrently
- Regulate temperatures of ovens, fryers, grills and stoves
- Maintain a clean and sanitary workstation, including all food prep areas, food storage areas, kitchen and coolers during and after each event
- Complies with food sanitation codes by properly handling all food
- Maintains a clean, safe and well-organized work environment
- Ensures all food is served, stored and prepared at proper temperature
- Cleans and sanitizes work areas, tools, equipment and dishes as needed
- Ensures all food products are properly stored, covered and labeled per health codes
- Works to minimize waste
- Maintain a positive and professional approach with coworkers and customers
- Comply with all Safe Serv policies
- Lift, transport and tap kegs
- Performs all other duties as assigned, including rotation to other concession positions as needed
- Must be a minimum of 18 years of age
- Previous cooking experience in a commercial environment a plus
- High school diploma/GED required
- High level of professionalism while working as a team in a fast-paced kitchen environment
- Strong inter-personal skills; establishing and maintaining productive relationships with fellow workers and supervisors
- Excellent verbal communication and organizational skills
- Positive attitude and strong work ethic a must. Must have a “team-first” mentality with an eagerness to learn
- Must be able to perform physical requirements of the position, including bending and/or lifting up to 50lbs and standing/walking for extended periods of time without sitting
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a non-exempt position. Must have flexible hours with the ability to work nights, weekends and holidays as needed.
At the Florida Panthers, Arena Operating Company, Panthers Ice Den, and Sanza Food Service we strive to make every employee feel valued and respected for who they are and the unique contributions they make. We believe that a diverse and inclusive company is a more innovative and successful company, which is why we aim to infuse diversity, equity, and inclusion (DE&I) into all aspects of our culture and our business. Our approach to DE&I is focused on five key pillars: Employee Engagement; Education; Workforce Diversity, Communications, and Community Impact.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.