Last Updated: July 2019
Job Title: Part-Time Conversion Crew
Department: Arena Operations
Reports To: Conversion Crew Supervisor
Employment Type: Part-Time
Location: BB&T Center
Responsible for performing work as needed to Set-up, maintain, convert and prepare for events at the BB&T Center.
· Conversion (back and forth) from professional Hockey Arena to large scale Concert/ Event venue.
· Set-up seating arrangements and supporting furniture for concerts, hockey games, dinners, parties, and banquets.
· Set-up signage, banners, and other conversion responsibilities from one event or game to another.
· Installation, repair, and removal of arena parts and seating.
· Respond to requests from management, vendors, guests, event, and team representatives to move furniture, boxes, and equipment.
· Satisfy requests from vendors, guests, team, and event representatives to relocate materials and equipment on event day and during events.
· Set-up and breakdown barricades, tables, chairs, risers, and stages around the arena.
· Distribute Panthers “giveaways” to each arena entrance.
· Build and disassemble “risers” and stages for concerts and other events.
· Store, retrieve, and re-arrange various items in our storage areas for all departments.
· Other related duties as assigned.
· High School Diploma/GED
· The ability to understand instructions from supervisor(s) and arena management.
· Work weekends, nights, overnights, holidays
· Ability to climb, crawl, kneel, squat, bend and extend arms or legs fully.
· Ability to operate forklift and warehouse equipment (Not required but preferred)
This position works in an arena where the noise level is generally high, crowd traffic is heavy, temperatures are variable – often cold; lights are bright or dark with occasional exposure to flashing lights and pyrotechnics.
Balancing - Maintaining body equilibrium to prevent falling and walking, standing or crouching on narrow, slippery, or erratically moving surfaces.
Stooping - Bending body downward and forward by bending spine at the waist.
Kneeling - Bending legs at knee to come to a rest on knee or knees.
Crouching - Bending the body downward and forward by bending leg and spine.
Reaching - Extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction.
Standing - Particularly for sustained periods of time.
Walking - Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly for long distances or moving from one work site to another.
Pushing - Using upper extremities to press against something with steady force in order to thrust forward, downward or outward.
Pulling - Using upper extremities to exert force in order to draw, haul or tug objects in a sustained motion.
Lifting - Raising objects up to 65 pounds from a lower to a higher position or moving objects horizontally from position-to-position.
Grasping - Applying pressure to an object with the fingers and palm.
Feeling - Perceiving attributes of objects, such as size, shape, temperature or texture by touching with skin, particularly that of fingertips.
Talking - Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word.
Hearing - Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction. Ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and to make the discriminations in sound.
Repetitive motion - Substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a part-time position. Must be able to work traditional hours in addition to nights, weekends and occasional holidays.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.