*In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen. *
Last Updated: December 2019
Job Title: Parking Staff
Reports To: Manager, Parking
Employment Type: Part-Time
Location: BB&T Center
Greets patrons and scan tickets and/or parking passes as they enter the facility. Directs vehicles to available parking spaces and helps customers with questions within the parking lots.
- Greet each customer entering parking facility
- Scan tickets and/or parking passes from prepaid patrons
- Collect revenues and issue receipts to customer
- Direct vehicles to the closest available parking space
- Help patrons with questions
- Set up and move traffic cones and barricades to control traffic in assigned area;
- Treats patrons in a kind and courteous manner.
- Be customer-service oriented, always have a fan-friendly attitude and a professional appearance;
- Adapts to changes in the work environment;
- Is consistently at work on time;
- Reacts well under pressure;
- Ability to speak well to patrons and other employees;
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos;
- Speaks clearly, listens and gets clarification;
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness;
- Able to read and interpret written information;
- Responds to request for service and help;
- Follows instructions, responds to management direction;
- Uses time efficiently;
- Able to deal with frequent change;
- Observes safety and security procedures;
- Reports potentially unsafe conditions;
- Responds promptly to customer needs;
This position works outdoors in the parking lot(s) of the BB&T Center. Weather can vary and Parking Staff members can expect to be outdoors on their feet for long periods of time.
Standing - Particularly for sustained periods of time.
Talking - Expressing or exchanging ideas by the spoken word.
Hearing - Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction. Ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and to make the discriminations in sound.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a part-time position. Hours of work are based on event schedule and are mostly nights, weekends and occasional holidays.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.