In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen.
Job Title: Event Staff
Department: Event Services
Reports To: Manager, Guest Experience
Employment Type: Part-Time
Location: FLA Live Arena
The Event Services Department of FLA Live Arena and The Florida Panthers are hiring personable, attentive individuals looking for a part time, event-based job full of excitement and fan interaction. Each position is vital to our operation and we are looking for hardworking, customer-service oriented candidates to fill these positions. Our Event Staff team members play a pivotal role in creating the best experience for our guests from the moment they enter the arena until the moment they depart. Employees will be responsible for a wide range of duties within the Event Staff role during events and game operations ultimately ensuring the safety and comfort of all guests entering FLA Live Arena. Hours include approximately 10-25 hours per week (hours per week may vary due to event schedule), mostly nights, weekends, and possibly holidays.
- Greet and welcome guests as they enter FLA Live Arena
- Provide excellent customer service to enhance the guest experience
- Proactively assist guests with any questions or concerns they may have
- Understand and enforce all FLA Live Arena policies and procedures
- Assume ownership in resolving guest challenges within the arena (challenges may include, duplicate ticket issues, guest acting inappropriately or suspiciously, guests cursing, fighting, or trying to bring prohibited items into the arena.)
- Demonstrate strong verbal and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively with guests and other employees
- Exhibit a fun, friendly fan service-oriented attitude and professional appearance at all times
- Provide guests with accurate directions to and from arena locations such as seating areas, concession stands, and restrooms
- Report any and all incidents to Supervisor or Management; including but not limited to injuries or health related issues, lost or damaged property, and alcohol related incidents
Customer Service - Manages customer situations; responds promptly to customer needs and requests for service and assistance.
Ethics – Treats coworkers and guests with respect; works with integrity to uphold the values of the organization.
Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; manages competing demands; changes approach or method to best fit the situation; able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems, developing alternative solutions. Works well in group problem solving situations, using reason when dealing with topics
Attendance Punctuality – To ensure adequate staffing, positive employee morale, and to meet expected productivity standards throughout the organization, employees will be held accountable for adhering to their work schedule
Employees will be responsible for a wide range of duties within the Event Staff role during events and game operations ultimately ensuring the safety and comfort of all guests entering FLA Live Arena.
Team Members will assist guests in locating areas of the FLA Live Arena and supplying general information.
- Provide a high quality of customer service interaction with all fans, setting a tone for the overall entertainment experience
- Monitor fan behavior and resolve issues within designated area
- Prevent access to those who are not properly credentialed for the event
Team Members will greet all guests and welcome them to FLA Live Arena while screening them for access privileges.
- Conduct various levels of screening of guests including the walk through of metal detectors and the use of hand wands, as well as examining all bags and other belongings while enforcing all arena policies and procedures
Team Members will transport guests to the appropriate level of the arena.
- Check all guests’ tickets and/or credentials to ensure that they reach the proper area of the FLA Live Arena
- Provide direction upon reaching designated level
Event Level/Barricade Security
Team Members will maintain the safety of the guests, athletes, and performers while maintaining the integrity of the area.
- Required to check event credentials of guests attempting to access the backstage/event level area
*Must have D Security License or be able to obtain one upon employment
Team Members will assist guests at FLA Live Arena while maintaining high quality customer service including but not limited to greeting and ticket taking.
- Examine tickets for authenticity, while operating equipment devices for scanning and validating event tickets
Team Members are responsible for monitoring crowd behavior and ensuring each guest is enjoying the event without disruption.
- Assist guests in locating assigned seats while resolving duplicate ticket issues as well as seat jumpers
- Keep aisles and walkways clear of guests
- Conduct aisle walks throughout the game to monitor crowd behavior and look for any problems Be proactive in assigned section and enforce the Fan Code of Conduct
- Staying alert in order to provide safety to guests in case pucks leave the ice
- Must be 16 years of age or older. Candidates between the ages of 16 and 18 who are currently enrolled in high school must maintain a cumulative 3.0 GPA, providing documentation upon hire and throughout employment. In addition, they must provide two (2) letters of recommendation with at least one (1) from a school staff member.
- Exhibit an upbeat, friendly fan service-oriented attitude, actively looking for ways to help people
- Proactively assist guests and possess great guest relations skills
- Customer services skills (at least 6 months of experience is preferred)
- Ability to work positively in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills Must be able to convey information effectively and give full attention to what other people are saying, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times
- Ability to work effectively within a team
- Must follow dress code and maintain a clean, presentable appearance at all times
- Event Staff are required to make themselves available to work at least 70% of the scheduled events per month
- Security & Supervisors must have their D Security License or be able to obtain one upon employment
This position works in an arena where the noise level is generally high, crowd traffic is heavy, temperatures are variable – often cold; lights are bright or dark with occasional exposure to pyrotechnics.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and to listen. (Speaking clearly so others can understand while having the ability to identify and understand the speech of another person.)
- This position is very active and requires standing for long periods of time as well as walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching and continuous climbing of stairs. Security and Supervisor positions require the ability to bend, squat and/or restrain guests in situations that require it.
- This position requires manual dexterity to handle, tear and/or scan tickets for events The employee must have the ability to lift and/or move items up to 30 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus and read small print.
Position type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a part-time position. Hours of work are based on event schedule and are mostly nights, weekends and occasional holidays.
At the Florida Panthers, Arena Operating Company, Panthers Ice Den, and Sanza Food Service we strive to make every employee feel valued and respected for who they are and the unique contributions they make. We believe that a diverse and inclusive company is a more innovative and successful company, which is why we aim to infuse diversity, equity, and inclusion (DE&I) into all aspects of our culture and our business. Our approach to DE&I is focused on five key pillars: Employee Engagement; Education; Workforce Diversity, Communications, and Community Impact.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.