*In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen. *
About Oilers Entertainment Group:
Oilers Entertainment Group (OEG) delivers North America’s leading sports and entertainment experiences to connect our fans to their passions. Located in the heart of the ICE District, OEG owns the 5-time Stanley Cup Champion Edmonton Oilers, the WHL’s three-time Memorial Cup Champion Edmonton Oil Kings, and the AHL’s Bakersfield Condors. OEG operates Rogers Place, North America’s premier and most technologically advanced sports and entertainment venue. The 18,647 seat, $480 million arena is among the most technologically enabled sports facilities in North America as well as the first LEED Silver-certified NHL Facility in Canada. OEG also owns and operates Edmonton’s high-performance health and fitness club, Archetype, and is co-owner of film production company Silver Pictures, one of Hollywood’s highest-grossing producers of all time.
At Oilers Entertainment Group, our vision is to be a Global Leader in Sports & Entertainment. Together, we inspire our fans by connecting them to their passion, which is ours as well! We play like a team and always work with integrity towards our common purpose. We have a commitment to innovation and growth, combined with performance excellence that ensures a fair return on investment. We develop our people to be leaders in our industry and we invest in our communities. Through our world class talent, we strive to WIN. ON and OFF the ICE.
Reporting to the Manager, Ticket Sales, the Account Executive, Ticket Sales is responsible for creating revenue primarily through the sale of ticket packages for the Edmonton Oilers or Edmonton Oil Kings. Account Executives will specialize in one of our two hockey brands and will be focused on selling Season Seats and Mini Plans through continual prospecting of new buyers, in-game fan engagement and building relationships with existing ticket buyers.
Does this sound like You?
- You have a passion for sales
- You are eager to hunt and close new business opportunities
- You are customer-centric, both internal and external
- You enjoy working in a competitive and fun sales environment
- You are both logical and creative when it comes to problem-solving
- You are a lifelong learner and are always eager to teach yourself, and others, new skills
- You are a team player always ready to collaborate and share
- Your proud to represent your team at community events
Core Responsibilities and Duties:
- Actively sell Oilers or Oil Kings ticket packages
- Create and build relationships with new B2C and B2B prospects
- Active generation of new B2C and B2B leads
- Consistent outbound prospecting via phone, email and other technologies
- Perform in-game seat visits to clients and prospects
- Perform personal arena tours for prospects to select their seats
- Attend B2B networking events
- Support large-scale team sales events
Education, Experience and Skills:
Humility – The ability to work as a productive team member and strive to develop each day
Desire – The willingness to go above and beyond for clients, teammates and yourself. The will to win.
Self-Awareness – The ability to understand and appropriately react to the social dynamics of client meetings, internal interactions and peer-to-peer relations
- Strong relationship building skills, including listening, presenting, written and communication skills
- Be willing to work weekends and evenings, including games and various events
- Basic computer skills, including Microsoft Office
- Must have access to a vehicle and a motor vehicle license for Alberta (or ability to obtain one prior to employment).
- Post-Secondary Degree or Diploma is an asset
Only those individuals moving forward in the hiring process will be contacted.
Experience Preferred 1