*In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen. *
The Manager, In-Game Video Production will be the driving creative force behind the Edmonton Oilers’ high end video projects. You will be part of a team that has won multiple awards, including the Golden Matrix Award for Best Overall Video Content in all pro sports. You will be equipped with a plethora of resources in one of the most technologically advanced buildings in the world. From high end hardware and software, to incredibly talented people that you will collaborate with and lead, you will be equipped with incredible resources to make 18 000 passionate Oiler fans roar! This position will allow you to grow as a creative talent and as a team lead for other creatives. Oilers Entertainment Group is looking for someone who is a killer with concepts and an ace with execution. If you are inspired by truly great video and motion projects, let’s talk.
- Provide & inspire filmmakers with video creatives
- Lead in the pre-production (script writing, storyboarding, scheduling, etc)
- Lead in the production (oversee cast, crew and players during shoots)
- Lead in the post-production (editing, colour-grading, visual effects, motion graphics, sound design, etc.)
- Organize production components from start to finish
- Lead in brainstorming and problem solving solutions for creative & technical solutions
- Stay on top of new filmmaking, motion design, visual effects trends and software / hardware in the sports & entertainment industry
- Responsible for the shooting and production of video elements and features, with an emphasis on in-game scoreboard entertainment; using broadcast standard software and hardware.
- Organize, execute and supervise production shoots, edits and in-game entertainment features
- Contribute to creating and maintaining a high level of quality on projects
- Provide creative services such as shooting, editing, motion graphics, visual effects, colour-grading and sound design
- Responsible for fact checking, research and art/video consistency for their respective projects (includes using images from Getty or any other approved source)
- Oversee and train In-Game Video and Motion Graphics team, and potential game day staff/interns, managing their respective duties
- Follow the latest industry trends in storytelling, programs and plug-ins
- Assist in some capacity in the execution of the in-game show for Edmonton Oilers home games, and any other OEG events as needed.
- Manage and operate all department production equipment, which may include (but not limited to) lighting, cameras, and microphones
- Collaborate with graphic design staff to ensure brand integrity
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in postproduction (Editing, color grading, audio)
- People management experience an asset but not a requirement
- Experience leading creatives
- Experience with Cinema 4D and Octane renderer a strong asset but not a requirement
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated planner with strong attention to detail
- Sound ability to work under time pressures while maintaining a positive attitude
- Ability to work long, unpredictable hours on evenings, weekends and holidays
Candidates must provide links to previous motion graphics / video production work in their application.
Only those candidates moving forward in the application process will be contacted.
Experience Preferred 4