*In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen. *
About Oilers Entertainment Group
Oilers Entertainment Group (OEG) delivers North America’s leading sports and entertainment experiences to connect our fans to their passions. Located in the heart of the ICE District, OEG owns the 5-time Stanley Cup Champion Edmonton Oilers, the WHL’s three-time Memorial Cup Champion Edmonton Oil Kings, and the AHL’s Bakersfield Condors. OEG operates Rogers Place, North America’s premier and most technologically advanced sports and entertainment venue. The 18,647 seat, $480 million arena is among the most technologically enabled sports facilities in North America as well as the first LEED Silver-certified NHL Facility in Canada. OEG also owns and operates Edmonton’s high-performance health and fitness club, Archetype, and is co-owner of film production company Silver Pictures, one of Hollywood’s highest-grossing producers of all time.
At Oilers Entertainment Group, our vision is to be a Global Leader in Sports & Entertainment. Together, we inspire our fans by connecting them to their passion, which is ours as well! We play like a team and always work with integrity towards our common purpose. We have a commitment to innovation and growth, combined with performance excellence that ensures a fair return on investment. We develop our people to be leaders in our industry and we invest in our communities. Through our world class talent, we strive to WIN. ON and OFF the ICE.
The Coordinator, Hockey Events under the direction of the Manager, Events, will primarily be responsible for coordinating the event logistics for all Edmonton Oil King home games, and corporate events as assigned. This position will liaison with clients, internal departments and external stakeholders, preparing and distributing event details, costing details, provide on-site support during event execution and execute post-event reports.
- Serve as the primary Rogers Place contact for all events as assigned
- Collaborate with clients to manage all event details and execution plans
- Work with suppliers for external event support and services
- Create and distribute required documentation and reports for all Oil Kings home games and other events as assigned
- Create, distribute and maintain event details and venue operational instructions including event timing, room and concourse layouts, contact lists, and concourse activities
- Prepare cost estimates and cost summaries for assigned events and distribute to the appropriate stakeholders
- Lead event planning and information sharing meetings to communicate and delegate event specifics to all stakeholders
- Provide onsite event support and supervision for the duration of the event from set-up and execution to tear down
- Prepare and distribute post-event reports
- Ensure Rogers Place compliance, with City of Edmonton regulatory agencies as required
- Assists Manager, Events with administrative duties and projects as assigned.
Core Event Assignments: Oil Kings brand and corporate events
- Lead Oil Kings game-night planning through the regular season, and playoffs including the coordination of concourse activations, group sales initiatives, floor director coordination, and venue operational requirements
- Ensure proper execution of event presentation components such as promotion hits, contestant participation, prizing, props and pre-game ceremonies specific to Oil Kings home games
- Work closely with the Oil Kings event presentation department to coordinate Events team resources and tasks
- Coordinate and execute corporate events for all OEG brands and external clients
- Coordinate VIP experiences for sporting events as assigned
- Administrative duties as required
Supervision of the Events Team
- In conjunction with the Event Coordinator, Oilers Brand, support overall hiring, orientation, event staffing in ABI software, payroll preparation in ABI software, and event-specific task assignments
- Ensure adherence to OEG policies and procedures
- Create and deliver training program at the beginning of every hockey season
- Create and deliver a training program for Events team leads with specific training on the Floor Director position
- Provide Activation staff opportunities for growth through mentorship
Education, Experience, and Skills:
- 3-5 years’ experience in Event Management, preferably in Sports and Entertainment or special events
- Diploma or Degree/Diploma in event management would be considered an asset.
- Passionate for delivering excellent experiences
- Highly organized, with time-management skills
- Resourceful and proven ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Proven ability to maintain and foster positive relationships internally and externally
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills
- Excellent communication skills - written and verbal
- Computer savvy – proficient in Microsoft Office and sharing folders.
- Comfortable working on a project both in a team atmosphere and independently
- Ability to meet deadlines in a timely manner and work under pressure
- Ability to work weekends and evenings and at times untraditional hours of work
Only those individuals moving forward in the hiring process will be contacted.
Experience Preferred 3