About Oilers Entertainment Group:
Oilers Entertainment Group (OEG) delivers leading sports, entertainment and other special event programming to fans and patrons in Canada and the United States. OEG owns the five-time Stanley Cup Champion Edmonton Oilers, the WHL’s three-time Memorial Cup Champion Edmonton Oil Kings, the AHL’s Bakersfield Condors and operates Rogers Place, the new home of the Oilers and Oil Kings, located in ICE District, Canada’s largest mixed-used sports and entertainment development. OEG also owns and operates one of Canada’s most accomplished television, event and brand-promotion companies and has a significant stake in Hollywood production company Silver Pictures Entertainment. For additional information, visit www.rogersplace.com
The Email Marketing Coordinator is responsible for overseeing the strategy, deployment, and analysis of email communications using Eloqua and other SaaS tools. They will lead the email marketing program in support of fan development, ticket & premium product sales, and stakeholder communications. Areas of focus include marketing automation, lead generation, retention, database growth, CASL compliance, and performance metrics.
As a key member of the Marketing Team, the Email Marketing Coordinator builds effective working relationships with stakeholders and leverages both internal and external resources to deliver on campaign objectives. Success is measured across many criteria, including deliverability, segmentation, open rates, CTRs, lead stage conversion, and email-influenced revenue.
Core Responsibilities and Duties:
- Email Marketing Campaign Management: Lead overall planning, production, and execution of email campaigns (both marketing & service-related), general fan communications, and automated outreach in coordinator with fellow Marketing team members.
- Target Setting: Define trends and opportunities within OEG’s email marketing program, develop growth targets, and deliver consistent performance reporting against goals.
- Leveraging Research & Analytics: Use internal resources to identify audiences and segments to drive lead generation, sales, retention, and engagement.
- Testing and Experimentation: Improve email campaign performance through continually experimenting and measuring variables related to behaviors and customer journey.
- Process & Design Leadership – Develop a set of email standards & processes, including the creation and management of collateral, template designs, and calls-to-action to ensure consistency across departments and maximize performance.
- Planning & Collaboration: Work closely with internal departments to maintain an all-inclusive email marketing production/editorial calendar.
- Copywriting: Compose written content for email communications.
- Stakeholder Support: Integrate email into larger marketing campaigns to drive retail sales and support Rogers Place initiatives including concert announcements, pre-sales, and show information communication.
- Compliance: Ensure email communication compliance with global anti-spam and privacy legislation.
- Quality & Testing: Conduct rigorous quality assurance testing on emails prior to deployment.
- Innovation: Stay current with the latest email marketing trends and technology.
- Brand Standards: Ensure all campaign touchpoints for fans are in accordance with overall brand standards
- Corporate Marketing Plan: Support the Marketing Leadership team with the development of the annual corporate marketing plan supporting marketing initiatives for OEG and its three major franchises (Oilers, Oil Kings, Bakersfield Condors)
- Project Tracking: Actively participate in regular team meetings to ensure campaigns and projects are on track with corporate marketing plan, are well-coordinated with other initiatives, and that any risks, issues, or conflicts are collaboratively managed.
- Vendor Relationships: Negotiate, track and manage relationships with third-party vendors and seek ways to open new channels for the marketing team to reach their target audiences.
Who You Are:
- You’re a positive person who seeks to bring solutions to the team
- You’re a self-starter that is excited by autonomy and has a relentless drive to exceed expectations
- You have a track-record of data-driven decision-making and believe in a strategic discipline to optimize results, efficiency, resonance.
- You’re open-minded, can handle a bit of chaos in your day, and don’t mind adjusting on the fly
- You believe in a team-first mentality and you thrive in a collaborative, egoless environment
- You’re organized, have a keen eye for detail, and incredible time management skills
- You have a talent for building great working relationships at all levels within an organization
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills
Education, Experience and Skills:
- A Business/Commerce, Marketing or Communications degree or diploma from a recognized institution in a related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- 3+ years’ experience in email marketing, lead nurturing, marketing automation, copywriting and web analytics
- A deep understanding of email marketing concepts and metrics such as deliverability, open rate, click through rate, conversion rate, etc.
- Comprehensive experience with Oracle’s Eloqua SaaS platform
- A strong customer service focus
- Excellent communication and copywriting skills
- Have knowledge of CRM and content management systems
- Proven ability to make critical decisions independently without supervision
- Excellent people skills, with an ability to work closely and cooperatively with internal and external clients at all levels
- Proactive and resourceful with an ability to “make things happen”
- Good balance of creative/communications instincts and logical, analytical skills
- Highly organized and detail oriented with outstanding administrative and time management skills
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Solid work ethic with desire to contribute maximum effort to achieving team goals and revenue targets
- Ability to work evenings and weekends as required by event and promotions schedule
Only those moving forward in the process will be contacted.
Successful applicants must provide proof of full COVID-19 vaccination.