*In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen. *
Core Responsibilities and Duties:
- Responsible for the preparation and processing of invoices, receivables and taking payments (cheques, credit cards).
- Responsible for the full invoice to payment cycle of multiple revenue types. Verify and review contracts and invoices for accuracy of pricing, delivery, financial coding and approval
- Manages large transaction volumes while maintaining high attention to detail and accuracy
- Reconcile and analyze customer accounts to support month-end and year-end requirements, including customer payment follow-up.
- Maintains day-to-day accounting processes including posting journal entries, posting bank entries and preparing general ledger reconciliations
- Provides inputs to the annual budget and forecast processes, as needed
- Maintain positive relationships with customers and internal staff
- Maintain accurate records and files of receivable transactions
- Maintain accounting controls by supporting Finance Department policies and procedures
- Other duties as assigned
Education, Experience and Skills:
- Diploma or Degree in Accounting is preferred. In lieu of formal education, experience in a related field may be considered.
- 1-3 years of related accounting experience is required. Accounts Receivable processing experience is considered an asset.
- Experience with computerized accounting software (i.e. Great Plains, Concur, etc.) and a proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite. Experience with Great Plains or CRM is considered and asset.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills with the ability to build and maintain excellent relationships with internal and external parties
- Deadline oriented with the ability to thrive in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- Expects highest quality performance from self and others